Can Fighters Earn Their Way Back Through TUF?

apostle**

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Is it possible for a fighter who was previously cut from the UFC to earn his way back in through a TUF competition? Has it ever happened before?

has never happened. unless you count tuf 4. or joe lauzon. though not sure why he was on tuf really. he beat pulver in his last fight before being on tuf penn vs pulver...
also probably a few other guys i'm missing too.

A friend of mine is fighting for the CFFC Lightweight Title. I was curious if he was actually able to win it and defend it if maybe the UFC would give him another look.

has never happened. unless you count tuf 4. or joe lauzon. though not sure why he was on tuf really. he beat pulver in his last fight before being on tuf penn vs pulver...
also probably a few other guys i'm missing too.

Great point...Joe L was the first to come to mind given the fact that he beat Pulver. I thought it was rather strange to have a guy on the show who had previously beaten one if the coaches.

Good luck to your friend TS!

Gabe Reudiger?

Charlie Brennamen. Trust me, I know he didn't overwhelm when he was in the UFC but he can take pride in that he fought 8 times in the UFC, won half of them. Our local MMA scene is a joke and he's the only legit fighter that made it through all this crap to actually be a success. I know he's primarily a wrestler but he's one of the coolest guys in the world. Wish he would get another shot.

Charlie Brennamen. Trust me, I know he didn't overwhelm when he was in the UFC but he can take pride in that he fought 8 times in the UFC, won half of them. Our local MMA scene is a joke and he's the only legit fighter that made it through all this crap to actually be a success. I know he's primarily a wrestler but he's one of the coolest guys in the world. Wish he would get another shot.

he was actually talking about Gabe fighting in the UFC before being on tuf. i did the same thing.

He was suppose to fight earlier but the guy got dehydrated and the fight was cancelled. I haven't heard squat from Charlie other than its back on but its for a vacant belt. I only get the CFFC fights about a week late on TCN through Comcast. I only ask about the TUF shot because one of the commentators the last event I watched said one of the fighters belonged in the UFC.

Ulsysses Gomez wasn't allowed to try out for season 18 because he had JUST been cut

so there are some rules regarding veterans and TUF,

Back