Can Antonina Shevchenko turn it around against Casey O'Neal?

kinda feel bad for antonina.

at thanksgiving dinner the family is probably like "valentina congratulations on your 8th title defense and magazine interview.... antonina have you moved past your bjj white belt yet?"

I'd still book Antonina a couple more times. Her performances may be a bit disappointing, but her fights aren't boring.

Mazo or Gatto next.

But yeah, she ain't 'turning it round', she's a low level gatekeeper.

I'd still book Antonina a couple more times. Her performances may be a bit disappointing, but her fights aren't boring.

Mazo or Gatto next.

But yeah, she ain't 'turning it round', she's a low level gatekeeper.
Mazo vs Shevchenko should be next. Loser leaves town match.

I like them both, but it's the UFC.

Its really weird how Valentina is so good on the ground but her sister is like a turtle on its back.

Why does Casey sound kinda irish-y when she is from Scotland and Australia.. weird lol. I just listened to her MMA Hour interview.

Sounded pretty Scottish to me ..... I realise that there is more than one Scottish accent, politician Nicola Sturgeon is from the same town so I guess I could listen to one of her speeches for comparison. ...that's too much of an ask though.

Anyway great interview, loved the story of just getting on the UFC charter to get out of Abu Dhabi, seems like a very confident and articulate 24 year old.

Meh… doesn’t look good for the lesser Shevchenko. I don’t see how she keeps this standing— I generally don’t think she has enough strength to fend against Casey even if she had the technique—- and once it’s hits the floor Casey will drown her. I expect a finish in all honestly.

It’s crazy to think that Antonina was once an undefeated prospect with all sorts of hype.

Called it perfectly

She gets a lot of hype b/c her last name is Shevchenko.

If she had a super generic American name like.....I don't know....just pick something random like Andrea Lee or something. She'd be cut after 3 losses for sure.

I’ve always been an Antonina fan and it sucks that it’s not working out for her in UFC. Maybe she should move up? She was a 135er originally IIRC.

I’ve always been an Antonina fan and it sucks that it’s not working out for her in UFC. Maybe she should move up? She was a 135er originally IIRC.
So am I, which is why I want her to retire from MMA. I honestly think she never really wanted to do it in the first place. There was an interview about her Muay Thai career from 2016 where she said she had no interest in doing MMA.

kinda feel bad for antonina.

at thanksgiving dinner the family is probably like "valentina congratulations on your 8th title defense and magazine interview.... antonina have you moved past your bjj white belt yet?"

She just looks weak. Not strong at all. She may have the skills but not the ability to impose them in a contest.

Back