Can a single male get a pet cat?

If you want to keep your man card, get a bengal.

five-personality-traits-of-the-bengal-cat-59ddc3adef017.jpg

My two kittens are a Bengal Tortoise mix.

They're fucking psycho.

IMG_1208.JPG

My last cat was with me twenty two years, and she was a rescue.

Mine died around the same time. Lost a few teeth, a few claws and marbles, but was stocky right until the end. Didn't become thin or get the bloodshot eyes that a lot of other older cats get.

I'm getting a cat!

Trying to decide on which breed now. Looked at the shelter adoption website.

I like the look of the breeds: Selkirk Rex, Ragdoll, Himilayan, Laperm, and British short hair. Any of you guys own these ?

Breeds don't really matter as much as they do with dogs.

Mine was a British Shorthair, or was just a moggy. Came from a pet shop before selling cats from a pet shop became banned.

only if you use feminine products.

I'm getting a cat!

Trying to decide on which breed now. Looked at the shelter adoption website.

I like the look of the breeds: Selkirk Rex, Ragdoll, Himilayan, Laperm, and British short hair. Any of you guys own these ?
Ragdoll's are very affectionate and docile. They literally go limp when you pick them up and are great lap cats. Unlike most cats that rarely give you any attention and demand that you feed them and clean their shit.

Never had a pet.
Dog seems like too much work.
Fish are boring and not real pets.
Reptiles you can't pet.
Guinea pigs are ugly.

Feels like it would be qe9rd for a single dude in his thrities to have a pet cat.

What say you?

Get a cat and tell everyone you just fed him once and now he won't fuck off.

I had a cat when I was married. My wife's grandmother gave him to me and specified that he was my cat. My wife had a Siamese cat when we got married and this was another Siamese about 2 years old. The bastard would shit on the furniture including the bed. We tried multiple litter boxes and the fucker would still shit on the furniture during the day when we were gone. I was going to shoot the bastard but my wife said I couldn't shoot her grandmothers cat. She took it to the vet and tried several things but he just kept shitting on the furniture when we were gone. She finally had the vet put it down.

The next time we saw her grandmother, her grandmother asked about the cat. My wife explained what was going on and that she had to have it put down. Her grandmother told her it was doing the same thing at her house and she gave it to me because she thought I would kill it.

Ragdoll's are very affectionate and docile. They literally go limp when you pick them up and are great lap cats. Unlike most cats that rarely give you any attention and demand that you feed them and clean their shit.

I looked into them some more. It's defintely my preferred cat breed, if I can get it. Really unique.

Doesn't seem to be many pure breed around.

Hopefully you can find a breeder. I don't think you'll find any at an adoption/rescue center, at least not kittens. Good luck with whatever choice you make.

If you're looking for a buddy for sure get a cat. If you're looking for something that worships you like a god get a dog.

Cat's are cool!

Hopefully you can find a breeder. I don't think you'll find any at an adoption/rescue center, at least not kittens. Good luck with whatever choice you make.

Yeah. Breeders only. Average seems to be $1000.

Also saw some people selling them because moving or new found cat allergies. Those are cheaper like $300'ish to 500, but all are 6+ hour drives away.

Tempted to settle for something seeming less rare, but want a pure house breed.

Breeds don't really matter as much as they do with dogs.

Mine was a British Shorthair, or was just a moggy. Came from a pet shop before selling cats from a pet shop became banned.
Disagree. Different breeds can definitely have different unique quirks and personality traits

Never had a pet.
Dog seems like too much work.
Fish are boring and not real pets.
Reptiles you can't pet.
Guinea pigs are ugly.

Feels like it would be qe9rd for a single dude in his thrities to have a pet cat.

What say you?

Just get any frickin pet and the hell with what people think. Though if you live in an apartment then don't get a large animal, one that requires outdoor space.

Back