Cam Newton "Tapped Out"

Liquid Smoke

Great artists steal™
@Gold
Reaction score
I guess some just don't have the heart of a champion.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ewton-tapped-out-by-not-diving-on-the-fumble/

fraidycam.0.gif

Does Northcutt look so bad now?

sage-northcutt.jpg

Was a boring ass game, no idea why pigskin is so popular

giphy.gif

His jersey number is very fitting for his demeanor.

im one of the few who give him the benefit of the doubt on that play. Im not a fan of his and im glad the broncos won, but that play could have been a number of things besides not wanting to get hurt. maybe his momentum was leaning to the right because he thought the ball was going to bounce that way and when he tried to stop on a dime he lost his balance a little. Maybe he thought to hold up at the last second because he figured he was going to be late and he had a better chance at reacting to the ball after the Denver player hit it since its rarely the first guy who touches it that comes up with the ball anyways. Who knows, but for all the criticisms cam has taken, putting his body on the line has never been one of them.

I think Cam screwed this up for sure, but not intentionally. If he had held back just another second longer, he would have been in prime position to pick up the ball when it squirted loose from Ware. That may been his first thought, but when he saw it wasn't coming out, he went in to get it.

Unfortunately, he got caught in no-mans land when the ball did come out.

Also, I think slo-mo makes this look worse than it is.

He makes plays all the time where he knows he's going to get crushed, like this one.
cam2.gif

I'd give him a pass on this fumble and call it a brain fart and not him trying to avoid getting hurt. But he does need to handle losing better.

Yeah, it should be more like basketball where both teams score in the triple digits.

Probably should. There's a reason why pro hoops players get paid far more than shitskin players while taking almost 0 damage throughout their careers, lmfao. Shitskin is a joke of a sport compared to a real sport like the beautiful game.

im one of the few who give him the benefit of the doubt on that play. Im not a fan of his and im glad the broncos won, but that play could have been a number of things besides not wanting to get hurt.
He's been quoted saying that he was in a bad position and didn't want to hurt his leg.

giphy.gif

His jersey number is very fitting for his demeanor.

Best apart about his reactions at the end of that game were how natural they were. It's as if he had no idea cameras were rolling. I honestly in 20 plus years of watching sports can't think of anything quite like what we were seeing there.

I was rooting for Carolina, and I actually like Cam. You can tell he ain't used to losing tho.

A couple of interesting takes from some fellow professional atheletes I've heard recently.

1. Greg Jones, who played a lot of years with the 49ers in the glory days with Rice, Young, Montana, who is a hilarious and honest guy on the radio, basically said he didn't care about Cam's post game press conference. He said that Cam not jumping on the ball is a HUGE HUGE deal in the locker room. He basically said that in the SuperBowl like that a guy not jumping on the ball is unforgivable and that he personally would never trust him again. He said many Panther's players will feel the same. They might not say it but the other players wonder if he's playing for the Panthers or if he's playing for "Cam Newton, Inc." and happens to be employed by the Panthers.

2. Von Miller on the Dan Patrick show said he thinks Cam didn't dive on the ball b/c he didn't want to injure or break Demarcus Ware's arm b/c Ware's arm was outstretched in an odd angle. He said nobody wants to seriously hurt the other person in the SuperBowl b/c they respect each other as athletes. When asked if he was joking, Von said it again that he believed that's the reason why. Now I don't know enough about Von to know if he was being sarcastic or joking or just sticking up for a fellow player. But it was and odd reason.

I was rooting for Carolina, and I actually like Cam. You can tell he ain't used to losing tho.
He's had more losing seasons than winning seasons for the Panthers. He needs to grow up.

I dont know if he tapped, but he didnt dabbed.

I think modt of the problem is his reactions and poor sportmanship.

As far as perfomance goes what happened to Cam is exactly what has happened to any great quarteback that faces a great defence in the SB, get destroyed, it happened to Marino in 85, Elway 3 times in the 80s, Peyton against Seattle and actually in this game where he did nothing. Montana was just lucky all the elite teams were in the NFC , so no one remembers the ass raping the Giants gave him in 86. 80S/early 90s NFC killed Eason career midway trought the SB and made the Bills the eternal losers.

Back