Calling the Cyborg lie right now

NutBasher

White Belt
Reaction score
Cyborg has no intention of making 135. She physically can't or she won't give up her advantage. She is just using Ronda's name to draw interest and make money the last few years. I will be the first to apologize if Cyborg makes 135 and show up at the fight. Cyborg dwarfs Gina Corano, who failed to make 135 several times herself.

Well she can if she wants to lose weight...she doesn't

Ronda proves her striking!!! All Cyborg fans jump ship!!! I did think Cyborg had a shot in the striking not I don't even know. Not many times do you see a girl face plant like that.

I honestly think Cyborg is thinking Ronda will lose before she loses again and that will force the ufc and RR to concede to a catch weight bout.

She's had three years to start losing muscle and she's only just now starting to try to get to 140. That should tell everyone all they need to know about how serious she is about getting down.

Ronda proves her striking!!! All Cyborg fans jump ship!!! I did think Cyborg had a shot in the striking not I don't even know. Not many times do you see a girl face plant like that.

Knocking out a pylon proved her striking? be realistic

She is just using Ronda's name to draw interest and make money the last few years.

If this is true, then how is it different from Rousey using Floyd Mayweather's name when ever she can?

Yeah she's just too big for 135. I'm not sure why the UFC even signed her to fight for them. I'm not saying she isn't a great fighter, because that's not true, but she's not a 135er.

Yeah she's just too big for 135. I'm not sure why the UFC even signed her to fight for them. I'm not saying she isn't a great fighter, because that's not true, but she's not a 135er.

This.

Cyborg has no intention of making 135. She physically can't or she won't give up her advantage. She is just using Ronda's name to draw interest and make money the last few years. I will be the first to apologize if Cyborg makes 135 and show up at the fight. Cyborg dwarfs Gina Corano, who failed to make 135 several times herself.

I don't understand the point of picking sides on whether these two women should fight.

Cyborg and Rousey have been calling out each other for years and Rousey has Dana White on her side. It is not one side being right or wrong, it is mostly the inability to compromise.

I know some say why should Rousey compromise when she is the champ?

1. Cyborg is champ as well.
Whether or not you like or respect Invicta is irrelevant. If Invicta didn't essentially sell 115 to the UFC then JJ, Thug Rose, PVZ, Carla, etc. would all be fighting for Invicta.
So if 115 is "legitimate" then 145 (Cyborg's division) is just as legitimate.

2. Since it is not disputed that both women are champions and neither wants the other's belt, have the fight at a catchweight.

3. Dana White, for what it is worth, stated that Cyborg/Rousey would do 2.5M buys.
I don't believe that number for a second, but he has stated it multiple times. So if he is so sure that card would do almost twice what UFC 100 did, then compromise.

She made 145 on roids. Why not 135 w/o them? Assuming Cyborg is 1" taller than Ronda but looks to be built thinner (naturally) than Ronda. I don't see why some people think Cyborg is not a 135er.

Whether or not you like or respect Invicta is irrelevant. If Invicta didn't essentially sell 115 to the UFC then JJ, Thug Rose, PVZ, Carla, etc. would all be fighting for Invicta.
NO. This is 100% wrong.

The legitimacy of one weight class has ZERO influence on the legitimacy of another.

2. Since it is not disputed that both women are champions and neither wants the other's belt, have the fight at a catchweight.
There have been countless threads re; catchweight fight. Each one has articulated quite clearly why it makes no sense competitively or financially for Ronda.

3. Dana White, for what it is worth, stated that Cyborg/Rousey would do 2.5M buys.
I don't believe that number for a second, but he has stated it multiple times. So if he is so sure that card would do almost twice what UFC 100 did, then compromise.
Source? You've made this statement a number of times (first it was 2M, then 2.5M) but have NEVER provided a source for your argument.

Cyborg walks around at like 180. Shes not making 135. Either Honda fights at 145 or its not happening.

I don't understand the point of picking sides on whether these two women should fight.

Cyborg and Rousey have been calling out each other for years and Rousey has Dana White on her side. It is not one side being right or wrong, it is mostly the inability to compromise.

I know some say why should Rousey compromise when she is the champ?

Well said. The amount of hypocrisy surrounding this whole thing is amazing.

"Rousey is one of a kind talent"

"Top 3 p4p fighter in the world"

"Fearless"

Etc etc. The accolades never stop until it's time to discuss a Cyborg fight. Then all of a sudden,

"It's smart business to only make this fight happen under these circumstances"

"Cyborg is a cheater and doesn't deserve the fight"

Just make the damn catchweight fight already OR stop hyping up Ronda as an unstoppable world beater

Back