Calling it now, Derrick Lewis loses to Marcin Tybura

Rebel_LioN

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I just heard this fight was announced. I honestly thought they could've gave Derrick a bigger named opponent since he's been riding some momentum and he himself has been getting some exposure. But instead he faces a skilled guy with no name value.

Judging by the poll and responses from the thread announcing this fight, I think he can strike with Lewis on the feet and he is a BJJ brown belt that could take him down for the upset.

77B65B47-32EF-4316-882C-FFAAA9C378E9_zpsbib16jxp.gif

If Gonzaga couldn't sub Black Beast what makes you think Tybura would? He got beat by Timothy Johnson too, I don't think he has a prayer.

Damn that was a brutal KO. Never heard of the guy, I thought he was going to look more ethnic

If Gonzaga couldn't sub Black Beast what makes you think Tybura would? He got beat by Timothy Johnson too, I don't think he has a prayer.
He escaped a Gonzaga back mount and Roy Nelson could do nothing on the ground against him. I think Lewis's grappling and sub defense is a bit better than given credit for.

He very well could, it's not like you're making some bold prediction.

Lewis is a fun fighter to watch but he's far from being anywhere near elite.

Nah. I think Lewis smashes him. This is just a light snack for the Black Beast on his way to the championship.

I'm leaning towards Tybura getting a finish too, but probably ko/tko.

I agree, I think Tybura stands a good chance here. Probably going to be able to get him at a very appealing price.

According to the polls and the responses in that thread, it is a bold prediction

heart of a champion

BB has great TDD and ability to get back up. The reason he gets knocked out so much is his striking defense is horrid so if this dude wants to win he's best served just striking with BB. Many guys tire themselves out trying to take BB down and hold him there.

He will probably beat Lewis. It's to be expected.

He very well could win but he's definitely going to have to deal with some swanging and banging in that ho. A pretty tall task if you ask me.

Back