Call It: Rousimar Palhares vs. Jake Shields

At some point Shields will attempt a guillotine on Palhares and pull guard. Rousimar escapes and dives on a leg lock and out scrambles Shields. Palhares Round 1 Submission.

Av/sigs/$/first born children bets for yall that think Shields is winning?

Palhares puts one of Shield's limbs on his mantle.

palhares by leglock. the dude leglocked his way through most of ADCC, so it isn't like he's just pulled this off on cans.

Av/sigs/$/first born children bets for yall that think Shields is winning?

Palhares puts one of Shield's limbs on his mantle.

according to the odds, you should get first, and second born children.

gosh i hope palhares.. Jake shields would be death to that division.. dude is the least interesting fighter there is.

how do you 'play it safe' against palhares when you don't have k-1 maia level striking though.

Palhares tries for the sub early, doesn't get it so he keeps it standing and outpoints Jake on the feet.

Or Shields grinds on Palhares for a slow boring win.

Tough one to call, but I'm going with Rousimar decision.

Paul tries for the sub early but Jake blocks it and goes for a sub of his own. Paul blocks it and eventually Jake has no answer for the brute gorilla strength of Toquino as he eventually catches Jake at the end of Round 1.

rousimar.jpg

Shields by decision or maybe even a sub. Not a lock by any means though.

after seeing him sub fitch, i gotta go with paul by amputation of leg.

I like Shields here. I think he can defend a leglock and outgas Palhares to a decision or late stoppage.

Shields via TKO. Read it first here.

Rousimar bulldozes him for 5mins, gets knackered and worked over with wrestling for 4 rounds, Shields 49-46.

Back