Law California high capacity magazine ban (CA Penal Code 32310) declared unconstitutional *updated*

Not for an M16. This is the clip used to load the magazine. Plus, you know very well I'm talking about 'magazines' loaded to fit into a weapon, not a clip to fit a WWI M1 Garand.
You literally called a 30 round magazine a 30 round clip. And those are stripper clips that are only used to quickly load mags. And the M1 Garand was the service rifle of WWII not WWI. Do you know what you're talking about at all?

You literally called a 30 round magazine a 30 round clip. And those are stripper clips that are only used to quickly load mags. And the M1 Garand was the service rifle of WWII not WWI. Do you know what you're talking about at all?
Why do gun nuts like to nitpick the irrelevant points like this instead of addressing the core argument? I mean @Phr3121 is still wrong since the high capacity magazines the ban is referring to magazines any over 10 rounds, not over 30 as he seems to think. But instead you want to focus on the negligible details in his post.

Last edited:
You literally called a 30 round magazine a 30 round clip. And those are stripper clips that are only used to quickly load mags. And the M1 Garand was the service rifle of WWII not WWI.
Yeap, my mistake, WWII, but the point being it was clip fed. Clip and magazines are terms used interchangeably. Plus, I'm talking about 'magazines' that hold over 30 rounds of ammunition. Like these:

"If guns are outlawed only outlaws (and good, law abiding citizens following their consciences) will have guns."

This is the corrected bumper sticker. :D
Don't forget those hypocrites who are above the laws they're supposed to enforce.

Don't forget those hypocrites who are above the laws they're supposed to enforce.
I'm sure the Bloombergs and Feinsteins of the world would still have their armed security in such a scenario.

Too wordy.

I'd almost think you're not happy that the court just struck a blow for your rights.
He already said only muskets should be legal for civilians to own. Poor guy is rattled.

Why do gun nuts like to nitpick the irrelevant points like this instead of addressing the core argument? I mean @Phr3121 is still wrong since the high capacity magazines the ban is referring to magazines any over 10 rounds, not over 30 as he seems to think. But instead you want to focus on the negligible details in his post.

When you want to start proposing laws and taking shit away from people it's probably a good idea to have your details dialed in .......no ?

" who needs a whatchamacallit on their thingamagigy anyhow "

Also , why would you or anyone expect to engage in a productive conversation when you open with a pejorative. Nothing gets me wanting to listen more than when someone qualifies me as insane out of the gate !

Last edited by a moderator:
When you want to start proposing laws and taking shit away from people it's probably a good idea to have your details dialed in .......no ?

" who needs a whatchamacallit on their thingamagigy anyhow "
No one on Sherdog is taking any guns away. If someone makes an argument, you should address the substance of the argument. If you also want to point out minor mistakes they made, like calling a magazine a clip, that's fine but don't focus on that to avoid the actual argument at hand. I see gun nuts do that frequently, often with the same minor mistake.
Also , why would you or anyone expect to engage in a productive conversation when you open with a pejorative. Nothing gets me wanting to listen more than when someone qualifies me as insane out of the gate !
I call people who like guns gun nuts, take offensive if you'd like but none was intended. I hope you don't also find the term fan offensive just because its short for fanatic.

No one on Sherdog is taking any guns away. If someone makes an argument, you should address the substance of the argument. If you also want to point out minor mistakes they made, like calling a magazine a clip, that's fine but don't focus on that to avoid the actual argument at hand. I see gun nuts do that frequently, often with the same minor mistake.

I call people who like guns gun nuts, take offensive if you'd like but none was intended. I hope you don't also find the term fan offensive just because its short for fanatic.
It's really stupid (and makes gun fans look worse, rather than better).

I never chastised casual climbers for calling carabiners "clips"

It's an insecurity thing.

Yeah , you using it colloquially doesn't mean it doesn't carry a negative connotation.

Let's just start sticking wacko or extremist in there everytime we refer to your religion , that'll ensure we start our conversation from a good place!

Who ordained you the arbiter of reality?

You surmise thats" It's an insecurity thing" , so thats what it must be !

Id wager that if a large portion of the population wanted to either ban carabiners outright or arbitrarily limit their size to 1.75 inches in overall length that your hackles would be raised a bit if some ill informed climbing ignoramus started bandying about his thoughts on what you did or didn't need and why

Wanting a discussion about a fairly controversial issue to be as accurate as possible is an insecurity thing? C'mon dude. You know better than that. I've seen some of your lounge discussions and others with @Cubo de Sangre and @VivaRevolution on censorship. You and @Jack V Savage are definitely holding them to a fairly high standard of being accurate in your eyes . . . I don't think it's too much to ask the same of folks arguing for or against something gun related. It certainly doesn't make a person look bad if they're pushing for accuracy.

Wanting a discussion about a fairly controversial issue to be as accurate as possible is an insecurity thing? C'mon dude. You know better than that. I've seen some of your lounge discussions and others with @Cubo de Sangre and @VivaRevolution on censorship. You and @Jack V Savage are definitely holding them to a fairly high standard of being accurate in your eyes . . . I don't think it's too much to ask the same of folks arguing for or against something gun related. It certainly doesn't make a person look bad if they're pushing for accuracy.

Human nature 101 man , to reduce everything your " enemy " does to some crippling character flaw

Us = superior, objective and reasoned people

Them = petty, stupid , impulsive and insecure

What about that shoulder thing that flips up? Can we still have a barrel shroud?

As long as you're willing to pay the price and do the time for your violation of the law then be as civilly disobedient as you so choose. America was built on civil disobedience.

Again, no deal.

I feel no need to accept an arbitrary punishment just to make you feel better.

The best part, this form of Civil Disobedience can be enjoyed in the style of American author Henry David Thoreau, quietly and privately. You have no need to announce your Civil Disobedience to the world if doing so privately is enough for you.

I suspect tens of millions of Americans would join me in this Thoreau-esque form of civil disobedience.

High capacity mags should be banned, they are only useful in lone-gunman situations where you need to avoid getting overtaken by unarmed people while changing mags.

An actual soldier or militia member would never use bulky, awkward magazines. Which is why you never see police or soldiers using them.

First of all, lefties have so convoluted the names of various firearms and parts that I have no idea if by high capacity you mean 11+ rounds like California calls it?

Literally every single soldier's or police officer's semi auto/select fire rifle uses a 30 round mag standard.

Or if you mean 41+ round mags like drum mags?

beta_c-mag_on_m4.jpg

They're not standard military issue by any means as 30 round mags are more reliable but they are occasionally used.

https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/ne...m-could-lighten-the-load-for-machine-gunners/

Marine Corp article about potentially using a newer D60 50 round mag more often due to its increased reliability and weight saving opportunities

We currently don't have a political party in the United States that's obsessed with banning entire classes of climbing equipment.

The Democratic Party on the other hand is obsessed with banning entire classes of firearms:

"we can work together to enact commonsense improvements--like reinstating the assault weapons ban"
- Official 2012 Democratic party platform

You tried, but reality doesn't match your analogy.

Back