[Cali]First AR15 build

Thank you for this post man, I'm going over my options now.

What do you think of nickel boron for the coating?

I have a NiBx bcg from wmd. I like it, it works well but I still lube the bcg up like any other. It seems to clean up very easily however NiB seems to also attract and hold more carbon. The Nitride and qpq coatings reduce friction as well. Not as much as NiB bit they are more durable consistent finish.

So it just comes down to what you want. You can research them both and probably get a headache trying to find what's "best".

https://www.rainierarms.com/rainier-arms-bcg-nickel-boron-gen-1/

Are those MBT still on sale and did you get one?

Looks like LaRue is charging $125 and an additional $75 for immediate shipment. I did get one. They're great triggers, but I don't really like the width of the bow. I'd say they're a better value than the SSA-E and the Rock River at msrp. At $70 though the RRA is close enough to the MBT to justify not paying the extra $55.

Looks like LaRue is charging $125 and an additional $75 for immediate shipment. I did get one. They're great triggers, but I don't really like the width of the bow. I'd say they're a better value than the SSA-E and the Rock River at msrp. At $70 though the RRA is close enough to the MBT to justify not paying the extra $55.

I'll have to find another rifle to hold with a rra. The one I tried at sgc was less than impressive. Not very smooth, almost nonexistent first stage weight, heavy second.

I'll have to find another rifle to hold with a rra. The one I tried at sgc was less than impressive. Not very smooth, almost nonexistent first stage weight, heavy second.

Well, maybe the price point is indicative of manufacturing inconsistencies. Had my friend with champaigne tastes do a side by side with the RRA and SSA-E. He was far more impressed than he wanted to be. For a first build on a budget I stand by them.

Well, maybe the price point is indicative of manufacturing inconsistencies. Had my friend with champaigne tastes do a side by side with the RRA and SSA-E. He was far more impressed than he wanted to be. For a first build on a budget I stand by them.

Yeah I'm probably biased as well from preferring a heavy first stage and light second stage. RRA, AR gold, trigger tech, etc all are set up like that and I just don't get the nonexistent weighted first stage.

The "cheap" trigger I've been most impressed with is the ALG act with the purple spring. Roughly 4.5lb clean single stage.

Yeah I'm probably biased as well from preferring a heavy first stage and light second stage. RRA, AR gold, trigger tech, etc all are set up like that and I just don't get the nonexistent weighted first stage.

The "cheap" trigger I've been most impressed with is the ALG act with the purple spring. Roughly 4.5lb clean single stage.

Personal preferences certainly play a part. Currently I've no interest in single-stage triggers that aren't binary.

Personal preferences certainly play a part. Currently I've no interest in single-stage triggers that aren't binary.

You'll have to try an Elf. It's like a high end 1911. No detectable movement at all and super crisp 2.75# break, really short reset. Honestly it makes me rethink future trigger purchases.

Really want to drop and Elfman into my pistol build.

Really want to drop and Elfman into my pistol build.

<{jackyeah}>

ELF-3-GUN-S_02.jpg

(bcg, right?)

if it's the same price as other decent bcg, ok. i think it's a waste of money, though.
I got one on sale and my previous AR had a standard BCG and I can't tell a difference honestly.

go featureless imo. thordsen has a new stock, it looks a lil better than the old one. I actually like how it feels,(nothing beats the pistol grip) i have the older version stock but its a lot better and safer option than the pinned mag.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-07-20 at 8.55.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-20 at 8.55.17 PM.png
    495.6 KB · Views: 10
go featureless imo. thordsen has a new stock, it looks a lil better than the old one. I actually like how it feels,(nothing beats the pistol grip) i have the older version stock but its a lot better and safer option than the pinned mag.

I felt a Thorsden not too long ago, it seems to be the way to go. I had to really stretch out my finger to get it on the trigger though. Of all the featureless routes to go, it feels the best to me. I can't wrap my mind around a hammerhead or other grip fin (pun not intended but acknowledged).

For a two-stage trigger this one is impossible tough to beat when on sale. I've picked up two of these and two of their National Match triggers for $67.50 each, shipped.

https://www.righttobear.com/Rock-River-Arms-Two-Stage-Varmint-Match-Trigger-3-p/ar0093nmkv.htm
How about?

http://www.primaryarms.com/rise-armament-black-fallout-ra-140-super-sporting-trigger-ra-140-blk

Thanks for the responses in here guys. Wanted to have everything together by now, been busy. About to buy some stuff though!

How about?

http://www.primaryarms.com/rise-armament-black-fallout-ra-140-super-sporting-trigger-ra-140-blk

Thanks for the responses in here guys. Wanted to have everything together by now, been busy. About to buy some stuff though!

Work server is blocking your link. :(

If it's a single-stage trigger then I'd trust whatever @RerouteToRemain has to say. The only non-two-stage triggers I've bought are the Franklin Arms and Fostech binary triggers (which can fire upon pull and release).

Back