Cain vs. Werdum

fightdonttweet

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
How would this fight go? Would Cain be able to impose his ground n pound on Werdum? Or would he keep it standing?

How would this fight go? Would Cain be able to impose his ground n pound on Werdum? Or would he keep it standing?

If he's smart he'd keep it standing, which would make it a close fight. If he decides to take Werdum down, his odds drop drastically.

I think Cain would try to pressure Werdum up against the cage while keeping it standing until Werdum starts to slow down from Cains attack. If Cain stays patient, I don't see Werdum taking him down and I think Cain has a striking advantage

Werdums no slouch striking, cept for the JDS fight. Ill take Cain in the department tho. On the ground, id give it a 60/40 edge to Werdum in the first 2 rounds. Past that, I'd take Cains wrasslin', assuming hes implementing strikes effectivly. If Werdum tries to bait and pull guard, Ill turn it off before its over. Cain Rnd 4 GnP

That might turn out to be best match-up of styles in the Division.

Cain gonna be as eager to be on the ground with Werdum as he as been with everyone else??!?

Cain gonna be as eager to be on the ground with Werdum as he as been with everyone else??!?

If he is it might be a short night for him. If JDS was able to land a reversal I can only imagine what Werdum would do. I think it would end up being a striking match. Not sure who holds the advantage there.

He would Big Nog him.

LOL at comparing Werdum's chin to Nog's. Even Mir knocked out current Noguiera, and Mir has not TKO'd anyone else in the HW division with his fist IIRC.

You are overrating Cain's striking. I dont think Werdum would care about the takedown like he did with Overeem, which is why he was able to stand toe to toe with Overeem and throw his strikes.

Actually that would be interesting, Cain would want to get it to the ground, as would Werdum... The question is, can Cain avoid getting submitted?

Cain kind of reminds me of Frankie Edgar. Completely able to dominate most people for long periods of time, but at a disadvantage to a lot of opponents that can finish immediately. Basically stuck watching their ass for 5 rounds.

I think Cain would try to pressure Werdum up against the cage while keeping it standing until Werdum starts to slow down from Cains attack.

Good call.
This is the only safe gameplan that i can think of for Cain.

Back