Cain Velasquez next fight

joey gerbils

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
If you could book Cain Velasquez's next fight, who would you pick to be his opponent?

I want him to get one more win before he fights the title again. He destroyed Travis Browne, and it sucks that Travis Browne is stepping in to face Werdum in a rematch when it really should be Cain stepping in.

Cain vs. Winner of Werdum/Browne

Title shot
Cain vs Overeem is the fight I want to see the most right now

I'd like to see him fight GSP or Hendricks
for a warmup to a title fight
hehehe

Last edited:
He needs to have a better W/L record against a full training camp before we can even speculate.

Word on the street - his next fight will be with Chipotle. But I can't confirm it just yet.

Cain is one of two fighters I actively root for but I don't want him to get an undeserving title shot. Make him secure another win before he gets the chance to retake the mantle of heavyweight king. And it doesn't have to be some world beater, either. Throw him in with Lewis or Struve for all I care.

Would've been badass if he stepped in for Rothwell at 203 but oh well. I would like to see him against Overeem

I feel he is gonna wait for Stipe/Overeem winner

Cain is one of two fighters I actively root for but I don't want him to get an undeserving title shot. Make him secure another win before he gets the chance to retake the mantle of heavyweight king. And it doesn't have to be some world beater, either. Throw him in with Lewis or Struve for all I care.

Those fights would be funny as fuck

2 big dudes looking like 2 children against Cain

would be nice to see him avenge the loss to werdum. i'd go with that.

I want him to fight Rothwell again because he's a crybaby and Cain didnt put the fear of god in him enough the first time

Cain can fight the Barnett/Arlovski winner or Mark Hunt. I want to see new fights, not endless pointless rematches to fights that just happened not that long ago. Werdum should be fighting Derrick Lewis for his short notice fight as well. There is no reason for him to rematch Browne.

Cain only has 3-4 fights left in a injury filled career. Should be title shots and title defenses and if necessary any unfinished business.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back