Cain Should Not Take Up Main Card Slots Anymore

Frank Edgar

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Or else, every single time that they book a fight with Cain Velasquez in it, they should create a really good "alternate" fight that will take that slot in case he is injured.

It's really annoying when big fights are cancelled this close to an event because they almost never get a good replacement and they usually promote a mediocre prelim fight to the main card.

Just put him as the co-main of UFC on FS1 cards so WHEN his fight gets cancelled we can just avoid the show altogether. It's time for the UFC to start being proactive about this guy. I'm sorry to hear that he can't fight and get a paycheck but he's always messing up cards with his injuries.

No more fights for Cain until he´s truly healthy and recovered 100%.

GettyImages-183985050.0.jpg

Cains's my favorite fighter, and even I agree with this. Eboughs enough for this always injured ass hole. Just stick him on the prelims, and MAYBE he'll learn by then. I still highly doubt it.

He should be cut and unlicensed in all of the United States. He can fight in Japan or somewhere with no regulation

I love Cain as a fighter and I agree with you.

Starting to feel the same way about Jones. Hopefully he doesn't self destruct again before his return.

People were right a few years ago when they said Cain shouldn't fight for the title because of injuries which will hold up the division.

Cain should open the card for his next fight and work his way up from there.

Too big of a name not to be on the main card, but i know what you mean. This is getting ridiculous

Who would sign to fight this guy now? It is almost a guarantee that you will essentially be waisting money on camp to fight no one.

Did he officially pull out of the rematch or something? Just curious.

Did he officially pull out of the rematch or something? Just curious.
The NSAC pulled him after they got wind of how serious his back injury was. He's been flapping his gums all week about how hurt he is and how he has a surgery planned right after the fight and how he's in constant pain etc. What do you think was going to happen?

Agreed. Great fighter but jesus the dude is always injured. He should be subjected to fighting on the prelims of a UFC On Fox event for the time being.

The NSAC pulled him after they got wind of how serious his back injury was. He's been flapping his gums all week about how hurt he is and how he has a surgery planned right after the fight and how he's in constant pain etc. What do you think was going to happen?
Didn't know. Sucks that such a great fighter has been so plagued with injuries.

he needs to retire. he had an extremely inconsistent career and needs to hang up the gloves.

Agreed. This isn't even about Cain anymore, the guy is literally wasting everyones time, money, and in some cases precious months off another fighters career.

Werdum isn't a young buck turning the corner on 30. Dude doesn't have much time left and yet he's been subjected to Cain's bullshit antics on 4 or 5 occassions now.

How many fights did Cain pulled out from?

Now imagine if they didn't have health insurance like before. Cain would have retired years ago. He should be matched with JDS or Bigfoot until the end of time.

Back