Cain RUINS another UFC debut on a major Network

He will tear a rotator cuff when signing his next contract

Atleast they were smart enough this time not to make that the only fight.
UFC on Fox debut had Benson VS Guida though right? That was a pretty epic fight.

This card stank.
Cain VS JDS was the only televised fight, it ran on a 1 hour timeslot on fox. All the other fights for that card where on facebook (back when nobody had facebook).

I remember being pissed off that I was going to miss the Benson vs Guida and Swanson vs Lamas fight but I ended up finding it live on one of the fox Spanish channels

This is getting ridiculous. Cain got flattened by a punch. That’s why his knees buckled. Watch it in slow mo. Francis smashes his head with an uppercut and Cain’s knees buckle immediately after.

UFC on FOX debut card, Cain Velasquez was finished by JDS after a minute and Dana was really pissed after the fight, throwing Cain under the bus for striking with JDS.

And What does Dana do all these years later? He puts Cain as the main-event of their main debut on ESPN and Cain didn't even last 30 seconds.

Probably should have learned from the last time <Lmaoo>
Only used as a name to put ngannou over

Cain was in need of a pay cheque

I hate Cain as a fighter, so fuck 'em

How crazy is it that Fedor today would beat Cain

Could have been worse.. he could have gotten kicked in the nuts within the first 30 seconds.

Cain has no one to blame but himself

a3auH59.gif
Not all athletes are knowledgeable on strength and conditioning, blame the tit training him.

Cain VS JDS was the only televised fight, it ran on a 1 hour timeslot on fox. All the other fights for that card where on facebook (back when nobody had facebook).

I remember being pissed off that I was going to miss the Benson vs Guida and Swanson vs Lamas fight but I ended up finding it live on one of the fox Spanish channels
I see. The feed that I was watching had 2 fights... But I do remember some folks in the US saying there was only 1 fight.

Interesting.

Only used as a name to put ngannou over

Cain was in need of a pay cheque
Certainly looked like that. Cain looked flabby....got off-balanced throwing a high kick... Sloppy takedown attempts...

Hmmm

Not all athletes are knowledgeable on strength and conditioning, blame the tit training him.
New used to come out that Cain would insist on going 100% sparring in the gym because he felt that's what he needed to be fully ready for fights. He used to brag that it was the right thing to do. When Dana or someone commented that he didn't train smart, he would get pissed off. Lol

Here, article from 2015:
“Some of the camps are still in the stone ages and need to be brought up to date,” White told Setanta Sports. “AKA is one of those places. You’ve got Cain Velasquez, our heavyweight champion, who’s always hurt. Those guys go to war every day.”

Added White: “He’s training for a fight and he’s going to war with Daniel Cormier every day. That’s not how it’s done. Not anymore. We need to educate a lot more."

“He might say ‘stone age,’ but I say, ‘old school,’” Velasquez said. “The best way to get ready for a fight is to spar. So I’m going to keep doing what we’ve been doing here. That’s the best way to get ready. We don’t come into the gym thinking that we’re going to get hurt. We just do our work and get ready to fight.”

AKA Coach Javier Mendez added that while he welcomes White’s concern for fighters, his criticism of the gym is misdirected.

https://www.ufc.com/news/cain-velasquez-aka-respond-criticism

Last edited:
New used to come out that Cain would insist on going 100% sparring in the gym because he felt that's what he needed to be fully ready for fights. He used to brag that it was the right thing to do. When Dana or someone commented that he didn't train smart, he would get pissed off. Lol

Here, article from 2015:
“Some of the camps are still in the stone ages and need to be brought up to date,” White told Setanta Sports. “AKA is one of those places. You’ve got Cain Velasquez, our heavyweight champion, who’s always hurt. Those guys go to war every day.”

Added White: “He’s training for a fight and he’s going to war with Daniel Cormier every day. That’s not how it’s done. Not anymore. We need to educate a lot more."

“He might say ‘stone age,’ but I say, ‘old school,’” Velasquez said. “The best way to get ready for a fight is to spar. So I’m going to keep doing what we’ve been doing here. That’s the best way to get ready. We don’t come into the gym thinking that we’re going to get hurt. We just do our work and get ready to fight.”

AKA Coach Javier Mendez added that while he welcomes White’s concern for fighters, his criticism of the gym is misdirected.

https://www.ufc.com/news/cain-velasquez-aka-respond-criticism
I'm referring to his strength and conditioning not his martial arts training.

I'm referring to his strength and conditioning not his martial arts training.
Umm, his overall training mentality was it always go 100%... And that was the problem.

Strength and conditioning is a subset of mma training

Cains been done for 5 years. Homie has way too much damage and not durable. It is what is is. Doesnt take away from his early greatness IMO.

Its like saying Fedor 35-0 record doesnt mean shit because he was a jobber last 15

Umm, his overall training mentality was it always go 100%... And that was the problem.

Strength and conditioning is a subset of mma training
Wrong, the mentality of how he trained in MMA was probably set back in his wrestling days. Strength and conditioning wise he had a coach from AKA, a supposed expert. Why on earth you'd get an athlete to do leg extensions is beyond me, it isn't functional in the slightest and puts ridiculous stress on the knee when done properly, never mind used wrong like in that video.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back