Cain might still be able to come back

That knee caused him to alter his techniques. He can’t put much stress on it. That why he moved funny, his kicks and TDS look like crap. Can’t do anything with a bad knee

Cain needs a better matchup when he grts back. What bothers me is that he signed to fight the most dangerous ko man at hw after years of sitting out. What did he expect to happen?

Ngannou looked lost wrestling Stipe, and didn't look all that great at all a fight after, aside from first round knock out in his latest fight. Cain had nothing to lose, he isn't an undefeated fighter, matches up well against Ngannou, and had everything to gain.

I do not think Shogun is a good example. Shogun won the title against Machida when he was 28, he looked 40 because of all the injuries but he was young. Velasquez is 36, he will fight next when he is what? 40?

I thought he said he thought it was his mcl? If that’s the case he will be back shortly unless he went full tony Ferguson (although was Tony’s lcl, the two heal similarly rather than acl and pcl) and ripped that shit off the bone. Lots of fighters injure their mcl and you usually don’t need surgery but it will definitely make you not be able to walk for a couple weeks

~DaViD~

I agree his knee will probably never be a 100% but we all remember Shogun going from being completely out of form due to knee injuries and managing to come back to win the title. I think cain might be able to do the same if he takes care of recovering properly.

Also inb4 francisdroppingcain.gif
giphy.gif

If Cain comes back, he should take a fight in Bellator (if they are still around in two or three years). Fight another old man or something.

I don't see why he would come back at this point though. I thought he already looked much worse physically against Ngannou than he did against Browne. Cain will have to be satisfied with having one of the highest ceilings at HW, but he didn't come close to realizing his potential imo. He should have been the definitive fighter of this era.

He's conning WME each time he gets in the ring

Let's say Cain decides to come back, who does he face? Who would be willing to sacrifice months of blood sweat and tears for an opponent that may never show up and even if he does could very easily suffer an injury during the fight that would render the whole thing a waste of time?

Back