Cain/JDS = Fedor/Nog

Dionysian

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Yeah I know how the first fight ended so that it is different blah blah. But this is talking about the positive connections of two guys clearly above the rest of the pack and bound to become legends. Fedor the well-rounded cardio machine that was inexplicably a bit pudgy was very similar to Cain. JDS (Nog) has heart and chin for miles and couldn't be put away when ANYONE else would have been finished by Cain (Fedor).

1. Both guys were all class and to level sportsmen.
2. Both guys annihilate everyone else in the division.
3. The champ can't finish the other guy because of his overwhelming heart.

As a big Cain fan from the beginning I am of course happy tonight. But I was disgusted when those drunk morons booed JDS after he went all 5 rounds for them. It is fitting that JDS is Nog's student and that Cain has said Fedor is the greatest champ they ever had. Huge respect for both guys. Can't wait to see them both rip up the HW division.

The HW division has gone through some ups and downs. Marketing ploys, character assassinations, suits, hype trains, lack of depth, etc. But with two clear (and classy) competitors at the top the HW division finally can take it's place where HW divisions strive to be... upfront and center for the sport. Thanks to these two warriors.

WAR CAIN
WAR JDS

PS: Overeem is for another thread, but to take it on now... he is finished after gassing IMHO

bump, busy night tonight obviously

Hope someone can see both guys deserve some love tonight and both are future legend material...

Fedor vs Cro Cop stylistically. Just looked a bit more like Fedor vs Nog.

Fedor vs Cro Cop stylistically. Just looked a bit more like Fedor vs Nog.

True, in terms of great striker vs great well-rounded and the striker gassing from constant pressure. I was thinking more in terms of their standing in the sport at large though.

Fedor didn't gas out towards the end of the fight, but yea...Cain did an exceptional job.

Think he had an adrenaline dump, after throwing so many punches you'd expect that.

Hm. Possibly. I still think fedor v. nog was more of a one-sided beating that truly left the mma world going, "holy hell, how is Nog not in a coma?" I still haven't seen anyone turn over their punches like that during GnP. JDS v. Cain was a beating. Fedor v Nog was just vicious.

Hm. Possibly. I still think fedor v. nog was more of a one-sided beating that truly left the mma world going, "holy hell, how is Nog not in a coma?" I still haven't seen anyone turn over their punches like that during GnP. JDS v. Cain was a beating. Fedor v Nog was just vicious.

True. 50-43 is pretty crazy though, despite me personally not scoring it that way. Curious as to what JDS's gameplan will be next time...

No disrespect to JDS/Cain, but Fedor can sleep easy IMO...

No.
Did Cain fight JDS where he is most dangerous at? Fedor sat in Nogs guard and dropped bombs. It wasn't Cain outclassing JDS on the feet for 5 rounds. Cain worked his gameplan perfectly, pushed the pace, got the TD's he was working for, and exhausted JDS. Seriously this Fedor = Cain bullshit needs to stop.

No.
Did Cain fight JDS where he is most dangerous at? Fedor sat in Nogs guard and dropped bombs. It wasn't Cain outclassing JDS on the feet for 5 rounds. Cain worked his gameplan perfectly, pushed the pace, got the TD's he was working for, and exhausted JDS. Seriously this Fedor = Cain bullshit needs to stop.

The last Nog fight was what I was thinking actually...

Fedor smashes him on the feet, tosses him around, keep a strong aggressive pace the whole time, Nog survives on chin and heart but is dominated nonetheless (whereas another fighter would have been finished)

Back