Cain has only lost 4 rounds in his career

Out of 29 rounds.. A guy like Aldo has lost like 6 rounds out of 60 or something, lol.

Weidman has fought in 26 rounds, and only lost 1 unanimously to Machida in the 4th.

lol....What?

How does one win/lose rounds that never happened?

So you get more credit for losing in the first round versus the guy who loses all 5 rounds via decision? That makes less sense. Like Bruce Buffer says, "this fight is scheduled for 5 rounds". If you only make it through 1 round, you didn't complete the scheduled 5 rounds so you should be penalized for that.

Ht9sjjU.jpg

Sea Level Velasquez is coming for the title.

So you get more credit for losing in the first round versus the guy who loses all 5 rounds via decision? That makes less sense. Like Bruce Buffer says, "this fight is scheduled for 5 rounds". If you only make it through 1 round, you didn't complete the scheduled 5 rounds so you should be penalized for that.

What the actual fuck are you on about?

One always gets more credit for finishing someone than for beating them up for the entire fight. Similarly, one always catches more shit for being finished, than for being dominated to a decision.

The finish is the penalty for not going the distance.

Reminds me off machida up til his first title defence.

What the actual fuck are you on about?

One always gets more credit for finishing someone than for beating them up for the entire fight. Similarly, one always catches more shit for being finished, than for being dominated to a decision.

The finish is the penalty for not going the distance.

Not when we're talking in terms of how many rounds they lost. Look at the title of this thread. Any casual reading that would think Cain was pretty bad ass. But looking closer he lost two of those fights. To say he only lost 4 rounds in his career doesn't tell the whole story.

Sick burn, bro. Accusing me of having knowledge. You showed me!

Being old school and having knowledge are not the same thing. There are plenty of old dumb people. You've apparently been watching MMA for a while but still don't know what you are talking about or seeing most of the time.

Not when we're talking in terms of how many rounds they lost. Look at the title of this thread. Any casual reading that would think Cain was pretty bad ass. But looking closer he lost two of those fights. To say he only lost 4 rounds in his career doesn't tell the whole story.

lol Whatever you say.

well, he's only fought 29 rounds in his entire pro career. Cowboy probably did that in the last two years alone.

I'd have to rewatch the fight but Kongo was lighting him up on the feet.

Not sure if he lost any of those rounds though. IIRC he might've won them via takedowns.

First round of cain vs Werdum is an excellent example of the subjectivity of fighting and flaws in the scoring system. I understand why most would give the round to Cain but any discerning eye should have realized that Werdum was breaking him down and picking him apart from square one.

With the JDS loss in round 1 and the 3 rounds he lost to funny smiley guy. Food for thought.

Ronda has never lost a single round. Therefore Ronda > Cain. Food for thought.

From what I heard Cain looked great in round 1. Then sea level hit.

Honestly, an argument could be made that Velasquez scored more points in round one, but it was Werdum that landed the better shots and easily did the most damage of the two.

Back