Cain gets hit way too much

nbknas

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
he does not have great defense. I don`t mean to insult him or anything.. he is extremely dangerous, but I feel he gets too careless and is open to many shots. During the JDS fight, the amount of time he could`ve walked into a knee is astounding. I couldnt believe how many times he also telegraphed some of the shoots. Too bad JDS was only relying on one dimensional boxing. I mean for a guy who is able to get up for almost any takedown, he could have thrown many knees and get away with it.

Aside from the knees, he was getting tagged regularly by JDS, but JDS`s punches were so weak by that time that it didn`t matter. But this is the heavyweight division, he can`t take chances in getting hit too much, anyone can get knocked out.

So the question really goes to whether he will be able to not get hit hard by someone who is great at knees in Overeem.

JDS didn't punish Cain even once for missing a takedown. Overeem will tag him coming in for sure.

yea i have had the same thought and said that he needs to use better head movement while jds needs to plant his feet and throw combos without worrying so much about the TD in order to be effective

as it was, cain was basically walking him down and he took plenty of shots in the process - it worked well but considering he got ko'd the first time, he may want to watch it in the trilogy fight

junior should focus on throwing crisp combos well timed bc as you say cain doesnt have the best striking defense

Kongo exposed Cain IMO.

But exposure can lead to improvement, which as been sort of a case with Cain but he has to be more consistant with it. Like Cain mixing his Boxing offense with his wrestling way better than when he fought Kongo and JDS the first around.

Dos Santos - 66/146

not exactly how you make it out to be

for a guy who was out on his feet, it`s pretty bad.. and all those misses were due to JDS being hurt the whole fight, the opening to get hit were there, JDS just was not capable of doing it cause he was hurt(and a stupid gameplan)

for a guy who was out on his feet, it`s pretty bad.. and all those misses were due to JDS being hurt the whole fight, the opening to get hit were there, JDS just was not capable of doing it cause he was hurt(and a stupid gameplan)

If JDS being hurt is a factor in your case, then it also has to be considered that Cain was simply walking though strikes he knew couldn't hurt him.

I think he still needs to improve his striking defense but he showed some serious will and also CHIN. My opinion anyways.

It doesn't really matter if he continues to put as much intense pressure on fighters like he did vs JDS.

Cain is pretty careless on feet and on the ground. But his pace and skill let him get away with it.

If JDS being hurt is a factor in your case, then it also has to be considered that Cain was simply walking though strikes he knew couldn't hurt him.

but this isn`t the only fight where he was careless.

It's just a side effect of his fighting style. If you're always coming forward and fighting at such a pace, you're going to eat some shots.

but this isn`t the only fight where he was careless.

He had head movement, footwork, jabs, etc. I fail to see how he was careless as you put it. Did he get tired? Sure. Then again, when your opponent is avg'ing 5-6 significant shots that did next to nothing per round...why worry about it when you're landing the much better punches?

Edit: As I see it, the Kongo fight was the last one he won where he appeared careless but considering it was his 6th pro fight against a professional kickboxer, who can say they were surprised he got tagged?

we shall see. For sure Overeem can't keep up with Cain's pace. Certainly Cain will change things up a bit for Overeem. But I still think Overeem is the best HW in the world.

Since your defense is so good and cains sucks so bad, you should go take his belt TS

he does not have great defense. I don`t mean to insult him or anything.. he is extremely dangerous, but I feel he gets too careless and is open to many shots. During the JDS fight, the amount of time he could`ve walked into a knee is astounding. I couldnt believe how many times he also telegraphed some of the shoots. Too bad JDS was only relying on one dimensional boxing. I mean for a guy who is able to get up for almost any takedown, he could have thrown many knees and get away with it.

Aside from the knees, he was getting tagged regularly by JDS, but JDS`s punches were so weak by that time that it didn`t matter. But this is the heavyweight division, he can`t take chances in getting hit too much, anyone can get knocked out.

So the question really goes to whether he will be able to not get hit hard by someone who is great at knees in Overeem.

i was shouting at the TV, JDS had the clinch over and over and cain was just giving him the knees. i don't know what he was thinking (probably not much, he was dazed the whole fight).

if his camp doesn't look at the tape and see the huge opportunity for those knees for the next fight then they are crazy.

its been like that for a while I recall it happening in the Congo fight for one

His defense was pretty good since JDS couldn't land a single effective strike to hurt Cain or make him back off at all.

Cain had the perfect plan for JDS, it may not have been pretty, but he drowned Junior with pressure and destroyed him. Get over it.

Back