Cage smaller for tonights event?

Dirty Dik

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Looks to me like the cage is smaller than usual, similar to the WEC cage. I realize it's a TUF finale and not a PPV but shouldn't the size of the cage be the same for all fights?

I know it's not a big deal and I'm just nitpicking but you don't see the NFL playing on 80 yard fields just because it's not the superbowl.

i think i remember hearing they use a smaller cage for events like these

I thought the Palms was a tight fit. The "joint" looks like a highschool gymnasium. No wonder they needed a smaller cage.

Cages are almost always smaller for the TUF events

I told the cop that the fire hydrant looked farther away from my bumper than I thought, that didn't make it so.

i forget who said it but at the palms and hard rock they do use a smaller cage

I wish people would talk about this more. Cage size is a significant variable that can affect a fighters' footwork and distance. I think the cage should always be the same size, to keep everything consistent.

I wish the cage was always this size.

less inactivity, more action, more chance of finishes.

I wish people would talk about this more. Cage size is a significant variable that can affect a fighters' footwork and distance. I think the cage should always be the same size, to keep everything consistent.

Good point, this is what I was thinking when I made the thread. I feel the smaller cage favors Roy tonight, Mitrione wont be able to keep as much distance as he's going to want to.

Back