Caballero Ready To Step In, Fight Gamboa in September

Nice find TS.
I like Gamboa.

I hope Gamboa step ups and take the offer. What other offer could top that. Juan Manuel Lopez and Marquez are fighting in Sept. and if we can get Gamboa and Cab too. Whooo what a month. And then the winners could meet in Dec. and then the winner of that fight would face Chris John in April. It would be a great little tournament.

Juan Manuel Lopez would win of course and be launch into superstar status.

Let's get it on.

Of course Arum would let Gamboa fight him rather the JuanMa because he doesn't draw as much

I got a prediction for you guys... I bet Bob would rather let Gambo not even fight than fight Cab.

If el viejito comes here I hope he can spread the word to Cab to just get this fight any way he can, take short money, any low-ball offer, just get in there... it will lead to bigger things if he wins.

Good match, good match.
Perfect time for it to happen.

Been hoping it would get made someday.

If it had happened last year, I think Celestino Caballero would have knocked out Gamboa because of several flaws in Gamboa's game.

Since then, Gamboa's had some time and a few more fights to develop.
It'll be a much more competitive match-up now than it would've been last year.

Excellent excellent time for the fight as Caballero is still fighting good and not past it at 34 years old, but the clock is ticking.

If it happened 2 years from now, then it'd be a bit too late I think.

Good match, good match.
Perfect time for it to happen.

Been hoping it would get made someday.

If it had happened last year, I think Celestino Caballero would have knocked out Gamboa because of several flaws in Gamboa's game.

Since then, Gamboa's had some time and a few more fights to develop.
It'll be a much more competitive match-up now than it would've been last year.

Excellent excellent time for the fight as Caballero is still fighting good and not past it at 34 years old, but the clock is ticking.

If it happened 2 years from now, then it'd be a bit too late I think.

At 34, it seems like you never know when he'll get "old overnight," and then it'll be too late.

cab needs to take out juanma and gamboa soon. he's getting up there in age. i think they're gonna wait til he gets older before they decide to fight him... atleast juanma will

I really doubt that this fight will come off especially considering that Arum wants a huge Gamboa-Juanma fight next year.

For this fight to even have a chance at happening I think Caba would have to agree to something siliar to what Judah did in the second Spinks fight. I don't think that's really think that's a good idea on Caba's end. All that said, I'm picking Yuri in a FOTY candidate.

Whoever suggested Chris John is crazy. I highly doubt anyone is signing on for a fight with a guy who pulls out 2/3 times

I really want to see this fight happen. Fighters need to fight eachother to make big names and a loss shouldn't kill anyone's career as they can rebuild a fighter around a loss. The loss should add to the character rather than destroy it.

Of course it's not happening, Arum is set on having Gamboa vs Juanma at Meadowlands Stadium next spring. That's not happening if one of his guys lose.

Gamboa vs Juanma is a really good fight, but not for a football stadium. It wouldn't even sell out MSG.

Caballero will probably get the winner of that, but that's not till about a year from now.

HBO could get Caballero in there... but they won't. They could say "put Cab in or we aren't showing Gamboa," but they won't. HBO should flex their muscle, and be smarter... not just for this fight, but for a lot of the garbage they show.

arum wont let this fight happen, Cabellero is to big of a risk

I hope Gamboa step ups and take the offer. What other offer could top that. Juan Manuel Lopez and Marquez are fighting in Sept. and if we can get Gamboa and Cab too. Whooo what a month. And then the winners could meet in Dec. and then the winner of that fight would face Chris John in April. It would be a great little tournament.

Juan Manuel Lopez would win of course and be launch into superstar status.

Let's get it on.

It would be a great little tournament. I'm just not as sure that junma would take it as you seem to be.

Back