BW Title Picture?

Tylerl90

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
It’ll obviously be a little bit before there’s another BW title fight, I’d imagine.

But I’m not crazy at all about Garbrandt getting a top five opponent, regardless of his ranking. He just got KTFO twice in a row by the top guy, and the second time quicker than the first. I’d like to see Garbrandt fight a Lineker or a Dodson.

Meanwhile, I think Moraes gets the next title shot, solely because TJ beat Assuncao pretty decisively in their last outing. So maybe TJ vs. Marlon and Cruz vs. Assuncao in an eliminator?

Makes sense to me.

I dig it, but Marlon is by far the most dangerous to TJ's title reign, and if he wins we probably don't get Cruz/Dillashaw 3 for the title.

It’ll obviously be a little bit before there’s another BW title fight, I’d imagine.

But I’m not crazy at all about Garbrandt getting a top five opponent, regardless of his ranking. He just got KTFO twice in a row by the top guy, and the second time quicker than the first. I’d like to see Garbrandt fight a Lineker or a Dodson.

Meanwhile, I think Moraes gets the next title shot, solely because TJ beat Assuncao pretty decisively in their last outing. So maybe TJ vs. Marlon and Cruz vs. Assuncao in an eliminator?

Makes sense to me.
That seems to be the consensus.
Just hope TJ does not look outside his division.
Assuncao or Moraes are good fights, and Cruz rematch is also intriguing.

Makes sense to me.
Both Lineker and Dodson vs Cody would be great fights so I'm all for that. But they're just as good as (if not better than) any top 5 BW. So they're far from a tune up fight. Unless you're just all about that rankings life and that's all you care about so that's why you mention them.

ufc-title-belt.jpg

I'm fine with either Assuncao or Moraes getting the next titleshot, with the other fighting Cruz for the next one. I'd rather see Moraes get it because he's a more exciting fighter and TJ schooled Assuncao pretty good in their last fight, but I suppose Assuncao does have a bigger claim on paper.

Cody should fight someone like Dodson or similar caliber. He's still somewhat young and can do damage in the division if they don't keep immediately throwing him into the fire.

Not sure who Rivera fights, maybe Aljo if he wins against Stamman? They seem to have a bit of beef (mostly coming from Aljo)

I dig it, but Marlon is by far the most dangerous to TJ's title reign, and if he wins we probably don't get Cruz/Dillashaw 3 for the title.

So be it, and it would only be the second time they’ve fought when they should have fought a long time ago instead of giving the TS to Faber when Cruz was champ.

Cruz should fight once more to earn the TS. He ducked TJ as a champ and shouldn’t be rewarded for a Title shot for it.

Currently Moraes and Assuncao are more deserving

So be it, and it would only be the second time they’ve fought when they should have fought a long time ago instead of giving the TS to Faber when Cruz was champ.

Cruz should fight once more to earn the TS. He ducked TJ as a champ and shouldn’t be rewarded for a Title shot for it.

Currently Moraes and Assuncao are more deserving

Fine. Marlon Moraes will be champ soon enough anyway. Get ready for the Magic Era.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back