buying grappling mats after an event

TheIronGiraffe

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I was talking to a friend about buying mats after a grappling tournament. Apparently grapplers quest and naga sell them afterwards for a big discount. I was wondering if anyones ever purchased mats this way and what the going rate was.

last WGC tournament I was at they sold them for the standard price you would see online.

The money maker was NO SHIPPING AND HANDLING.

I wanna say it was 400$ per roll but I cant be sure.

I did not know this!!!

All these years, I could of had a full set up by now, instead of these stupid puzzle mats!!!

:icon_lol:

Seriously, sounds like a good deal, go for it!

last WGC tournament I was at they sold them for the standard price you would see online.

The money maker was NO SHIPPING AND HANDLING.

I wanna say it was 400$ per roll but I cant be sure.

Just an FYI, Dollamur mats don't have seperate shipping & handling. The price you see is the price you pay. You can go to their ebay store & get (new) mats for ridiculous prices. I picked up a 22' x 24' section of 1.6" mats for $1500. That was 3 seperate purchases over 3 months (I'm cheap & was waiting for the best sales). (& they threw in the mat tape for free)

Getrung.com is the place for mats. They have 1" 'MMA' mats for around 400 bucks for 10' by 10'.

I like them better than wrestling mats because you don't sink down while stepping on the mat. Also I have been slammed and felt nothing. So although they don't look very cushiony they are awesome.

Just an FYI, Dollamur mats don't have seperate shipping & handling. The price you see is the price you pay. You can go to their ebay store & get (new) mats for ridiculous prices. I picked up a 22' x 24' section of 1.6" mats for $1500. That was 3 seperate purchases over 3 months (I'm cheap & was waiting for the best sales). (& they threw in the mat tape for free)

I just bought two 6x4x1.5 mats off ebay for $137 total, with free shipping.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I just bought two 6x4x1.5 mats off ebay for $137 total, with free shipping.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Another FYI for anyone thinking of these mats, check frequently because the mats go on "sale" about once every couple of weeks & you could get the same mats for $110 (that's how I made 2 of my purchases for 6 mats each time- 12 x 12). The mats also come in smooth (wrestling / mma) & tatami (I got 6 of each), as well as different thicknesses- 1.25", 1.5" & 2".
The 4x6 mats are different construction than the commercial mats (I bought a 10' x 24' x 1.6" commercial mat my first purchase) & are slightly softer. You won't be able to tell the difference unless you have them taped side by side & even then you don't really notice it.
If I knew how to post pictures on this site I would post up a review / comparison of the mats in the gear forum. Unfortunately I'm an old geezer & I've tried but it is beyond my limited computer skills. Maybe I can have one of my grandkids show me...

And no, I am not affiliated with Dollamur in any way, I just saw a good deal & wanted to pass it along to my fellow grappling brothers.

Back