Buying a new Gi

trfcrugby

White Belt
Reaction score
What is the best light weight gi out there for BJJ? Right now I have a very thick HCK, and I hate it. Before I drop the $100+ on a new one, I was looking for suggestions. Color is not a factor.

The HCK is a tank. Man up and save your money.

i own 4 gi's and the gameness platinum weave is my favorite...id recommend it. kind of pricy tho.

Mkimonos.com Get the Lutador Hybrid weave.. I have 4 other kimonos and this is my favorite.

dude i would for sure go with a koral

yes you are going to be dropping 140$ for a gi but my koral has lasted me for so long and they are the best..... Invest now

minimagpro said:
dude i would for sure go with a koral

yes you are going to be dropping 140$ for a gi but my koral has lasted me for so long and they are the best..... Invest now
i can agree...Koral gis are comfortable and last. what color do you have?

Gameness = my best and favorite gi. I am so happy I'm thinking of either getitng one more or waiting to mkimonos comes out with a gold weave of their Lutador Americanos.

my koral has lasted 1-1/2 years now, but is is 1/2 size too big, when guys grab my sleeve--it comes over my wrist and they get really tight control,
i wear an A4, its more like a 4-1/2

Soid said:
Gameness = my best and favorite gi. I am so happy I'm thinking of either getitng one more or waiting to mkimonos comes out with a gold weave of their Lutador Americanos.
soid just get their hybrid weave.. youll love it.

I can vouch for sirius gis. They are awsome and the company is stand-up 100%. Nice and confortable and looks sharp.

I have heard great things about sirus, and they look great too.

jadizm said:
i can agree...Koral gis are comfortable and last. what color do you have?

I have the Blue MKM competition one... Really lightweight and comfortable and I love the pants....

the collar is not to thick and the material is really good on it...

koral is the best bang for your buck imo

Koral. I have a Koral in A3 and it's too small for me, but I luv it so much I haven't sold it and I still try to wear it around th house.. lol. Koral man, that'll be my next gi.

One more question, what is the difference between double weave, gold weave, and single weave?

I own the white/black korral and the army green korral, army green is definately my favorite. Look and Feel are amazing, I had ordered a Gameness before I got my Korrals but I sent it back due to size and I can say that the gameness is way heavier and the fit of it is not as comfortable, but that is solely my opinion. I'm gonna try out a sirius next probably get one for the arnolds since I need an all white or blue one to compete =\.

Another issue I am having is the size. I am 5'10" 205-210lbs ex-weightlifter turned BJJ guy. I seem to fall inbetween sizes, and with my HCK the sleeves are extremely long, while the rest of the gi fits ok.

Any suggestions from bigger/shorter guys?

Back