Buying a gi at a gym I left 2 years ago

mcgoatp4p#1

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
It seems to be the only place in town to buy a gi. Would it look bad/awkward if I went there to buy a gi without signing up for classes? Or am I overthinking this

Why not just buy a gi online? Tons of great places to get them...

Gyms like money. They'll take yours if you're giving it to them.

Also, the internet exists and goods can be purchased and delivered to an address or po box.

Gyms like money. They'll take yours if you're giving it to them.

Also, the internet exists and goods can be purchased and delivered to an address or po box.

With Gi trying them on is a good idea, different gi companies have different sizes.

Definitely overthinking it. If you left the gym on good terms it's a chance to say hello, maybe even roll with people you haven't seen in awhile.

If you left on bad terms, who cares? They will still accept your money, and even if it is awkward, it should only take 5 minutes.

Or you can get one online, which is what I have to do because of where I live.

The last judo pants I tried, despite being my size on paper, were like tents.

If I ordered a gi online it would be garanteed a poor fit and I would curse all day sending it back, the next order also being shit, etc

Just go there and try the gi on ts. Imo.

Well, you can always write/call them before instead of just dropping there. No big deal if they so no over a phone call or a message, right? I've met people who care zero and still makes deals with whoever pays but also others who hold grudges and wouldn't sell stuff to former students no matter what. So I guess your doubt is legit or at least it is in my experience.

With Gi trying them on is a good idea, different gi companies have different sizes.
I find that certain companies are great about helping out when you order online

Origin will take your clothes measurements and recommend a size , Flow does something similar , and 93 Brand was awesome - when I bought one of their Gis from someone else and didn’t like the fit of the top , the recommended I wash it (which worked) and if that didn’t work, they were going to send another size top.

There are also resellers (Rollmore for example) that have generous return policies

I get that it can be a little more hit or miss online, but given cost advantages and flexibility , it’s worth a try.. My school , for example, only sells Fuji and the fit is terrible on me - only by trying brands online did I find better fitting Gis..

the only thing that matters is how you left. if you left bc you just never returned after your membership expired, itll be fine coming back in. so many people come back after months of missing, it must be so common for gym owners.

Back