Bushidodvd

peregrine

Kahuna Dog
@Brown
Reaction score
anyone ever try these guys?
they seem like they're like netflicks, except they carry martial arts movies and instructionals. seems like a good thing to be a member of at $19.95 a month for 1dvd rental, you could probably burn 4-7 a month and have the latest collection.

feedback welcome and wanted? how ar ethese guys if anyones heard.

never knew something like this existed, there definitely on to something, now they just need to get more instructionals and some MMA events DVD's

bsimm said:
never knew something like this existed, there definitely on to something, now they just need to get more instructionals and some MMA events DVD's

i really think they are on to something. also they could definately use better advertising, like say on 1-2 top martial arts forums like SHERDOG. if they had all the current stuff, they would really rock.

they just opened AUGUST05

Now that some time has passed since the initial post, has anyone subscribed to this service? If so, what's your thought on it? Any problems getting the titles you want? How fast is the turn-around on returing and getting the next disk?

i have been subscribed to them since i mentioned itt. they are a great company and if you are into watching these things it is great to have. i am of the membership that you can rent 2 at a time, so i usually rent 2, i hold them for two to four days and return them and get new ones. it is an immense advantage having accelrated my learning curve exponentially.

obviouslly there is a point of diminishing returns as too many techniques are a detrimant. but i do find i get atleast one to numerous useful things off each dvd. whether it be awareness, technique, footwork, bodymechanics, solo drill, partner drills, combinations, a look at other styles and thought process, etc...

the thing about dvds and videos is you need to isolate techniques and practice. by viewing them first with a notepad you will be able to write down vital points aor random thoguhts such as the technique in the video combined with the technique learned at the gym.

EDIT- turnaround from resending the dvds back to recieving new ones seems to be 4-6days.

Fozzy said:
4-6 days isnt too bad.

~Foz

actually it seems really good, considering it takes two days for them to recieve, then 1day they process and then 2-3days in shipping. it is working out awesome.

Back