Burmanese boxing camps???

David Sullivan

Amateur Fighter
Reaction score
I have seen alot of MT camps in thialand, My question is, Are there any Burmanese Boxing camps in burma?

of course, but in burma (or myanmar as they now call it), they just call them "boxing camp"

Burmese, good luck getting there though.

www.thaing.net

Here is the biggest compilation of useful information on Burmese fighting that I've ever seen. If you e-mail Phil Dunlap (webmaster), I bet he would definitely be able to answer your question.

Don't get your hopes up, though. There is a reason there is a discrepancy on whether to call the place Burma or Myanmar. There has been a lot of instability, warring factions and political problems going on over there for years now. I doubt any foreigners are going to want to enter the country anytime soon.

Go to a Thai boxing camp in the north and when you have learn't how to fight ask for a Burmese fight and dont pack your gloves. Its not exactly a giant leap in terms of style just more dirty boxing. I am pretty sure you will change your mind very quickly though. You need to be seriously conditioned to do that stuff and if you ever fought I am positive you would get ass raped.

When I was fighting in Thailand I had a couple of random San Shou matches as well as MT but never heard of any guys fighting Burmese. One of the most significant fights I saw was a couple of Burmese boxers who beat the shit out of each other with blood spraying all over me at ringside. The next morning on my mountain run the same two dudes were running with each other on the way back down at like 7.00 in the morning.

is it true that in burmanese fights groin shots and headbutts r legal

Its not Burmanese, its BURMESE dammit!! :mad:

lol..Good luck trying to get in Burma with a US or European passport..

TapSD said:
lol..Good luck trying to get in Burma with a US or European passport..

are you sure about that?
i know you need a visa and certain parts of the country are off limits to tourists but besides that i didn't think it was much of a problem.

thaiking said:
I heard bando is real hardcore
The style is theoretically brutal, but hardcore is how you train, not the style.

meng_mao said:
The style is theoretically brutal, but hardcore is how you train, not the style.
But is it similar to muay thai an does it have grappling is it more self defense or competetive

How ignorant can you get? It's fucking BURMESE. Oh and, yes you can get into Burma with a European or American passport, you just have to bribe them abit. Have a budget when you go, say, 1200 for airfare, 1000 to last you like 4-5 months of accomodation and food, and about 500 just for bribes and bribe related stuff- especially at the border crossings.

thaiking said:
But is it similar to muay thai an does it have grappling is it more self defense or competetive
Burmese Bando fighters compete in MT matches near the countries' shared border, though they usually aren't as good as the Thai fighters in MT.

Burma is loaded with land mines. Everywhere.

Have fun.

I can't lie looks intresting, if i had enough extra $$$$ around i'd give it a shot and take my chances.

Back