Burkman at 60%?

slacking

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
After the fight was over, while the fighters were waiting on the judges decision, Lombard said something to Burkman and then it sounded like Burkman said "Yeah, but I was only at 60%" and something like "I still took the fight though". I could have heard it wrong but I can't go back and listen to it. Did anybody else hear that?

he fought way better than anyone expected
still pretty bad though

where theres smoke theres fire

Come rain or shine, The People's Champion never backs down.

oh plz....the idiot spirit clearly got broken when he couldn't do shit to Lombard apparently %60 is the new excuse

Lombard is the type of guy you don't want to fight when you're %100 far less for 60

He didn't have enough time to finish powering up

I expected more from him after making past the first round but it looked like he was in survival mode most of the fight. Mid-way into the 2nd he looked like "Just get me through this without getting knocked out so I can start training for my next fight"

oh plz....the idiot spirit clearly got broken when he couldn't do shit to Lombard apparently %60 is the new excuse

Lombard is the type of guy you don't want to fight when you're %100 far less for 60

I'm not sure I even heard it right. Maybe I heard it wrong and he was saying something to the effect of "you injured my legs with your kicks thus I was fighting at 60%". Not trying to make excuses for the guy, just curious what he said.

Already with the excuses!!! Is he Brazilian by any chance?

After the fight was over, while the fighters were waiting on the judges decision, Lombard said something to Burkman and then it sounded like Burkman said "Yeah, but I was only at 60%" and something like "I still took the fight though". I could have heard it wrong but I can't go back and listen to it. Did anybody else hear that?

I heard it as well.

i heard it too. when he said he was 60%, lombard responded, me too.

he fought like shit. His performance was almost as bad as Starnes

Dana White said in an interview after the fights that Burkman was on medication from the Flu or something the week leading up to the fight. He was really sick but still fought.

I think I heard what he was saying which was that it would have been a better fight if he had more in the tank but he had less energy due to being sick.

Anyway, I actually enjoyed the fight. I guess you guys are just sad Lombard didn't get a nasty KO like everyone expected.

i say 1 more fight then he heads to bellator

Back