• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Building an MMA gym

I just started on my own.

But I used the workout mats for grappling. They're very good for impacts...

But man im digging the gym...it's tight...good work.

Man this makes me wonder about making one myself, no one in my city has a center anything like this, at least not to the extent of my knowledge.

Any way we can get the exact details on making that ring?

BTW looks very good and professional.

you know what we just gave the ring away, and the guy is gonna pick it up in the next week or so, as we tear it down ill snap pics of how it was put togther so you guys can get a better idea of how to build one

Thats thight thats funny ive always wanted to open up a gym and to see it built is sord of inspirational , good job man and good luck with the gym!!:D

Galltik I would greatly appreciate if you would do that.

I'm planning on building one. Thx ; )

Also what would you recommend for the ring floor? canvas, puzzle mats, canvas over puzzle mats?

yeah man this place looks bangin...maybe not for childrens mma but teens and adults yeah, you wanna hook a brotha up with a few free lessons hmm? lol
And....how did they get the cars up and down from the second floor..?
Or is there a ramp

cars? no the old place was above a mechanic shop, kinda like the second floor of a building

gotcha

I'll be expecting those free lessons!!
lmao haha, jk i live far....but if i'm ever in boston you better expect me to show up at the door!

Such as when the yankees go to the world series with the red sox next year AND BEAT THEM, then i'll be in boston. haha

wow that is one nice looking training center! Great job! I wish I had something like that around here. I would never leave it =P

hey, i've been following your thread with great interest, its a fantastic setup you've got going.
I also just found out that I'll possibly be in Boston for a couple of months next summer ( I'm from Ireland), and I'd be very interested in training there. Could you post your location, class times, fees etc. cheers

i just ran across this thread and it's great! i liked seeing the beginning to end. how's the training center working out right now?

GalltiK, I have a question regarding your bags for your gym.

What sort of bags do you have? I

/\/\ imo a banana bag/thai bag/6 foot tall bag (whatever you wanna call it) is a perfect first, that's what i got...i bought an unfilled synthetic leather one for roughly $150-$200, it's been a while so i don't remember (its also a bitch to fill-if u can afford it get one pre filled). i also added a double end bag to my little workout area, a cheapo $25 one from big 5...although i recommend getting a btter quality one, mines almost fallen apart by now.

Back