• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Budo Stream Live thread

Only the Antonio Braga Neto vs. Rodrigo Cavaca match left ?

Some of the most boring finals ever. Durinho and Kron had the best match.

I missed all of the quarter and semi finals. I heard they were fun.

k if you guys aren't watching let me describe this years finals: 50/50

Some of the most boring finals ever. Durinho and Kron had the best match.

I missed all of the quarter and semi finals. I heard they were fun.

Romulo and Sergio fight is a HUGE disappointment, both guys stuck in the 50/50 for 6 minus without trying to do a thing, WTF Romulo

Rafa Mendes is doing his thing, that's his style i am fine with it

Caio/Bruno, Caio is the aggressor but it cost his fight imo

Marcelo/Lucas is alright , 2-0 with a interesting ending

But 2011 is definitely the coming out party for rodoflo veria

After mixing my training and watching finals in all main grappling arts besides sambo, the gi finals as a whole are a lot more boring than judo, wrestling, and adcc, i think it is due to the time limits being too long and not allowing certain subs if they changed it like shortening the time and added heel hooks from 50/50 things would get a lot better, because although i'm enjoying the technique's used at the highest level, the majority has been far too boring in comparison to other high level grappling sports.

Romulo and Sergio fight is a HUGE disappointment, both guys stuck in the 50/50 for 6 minus without trying to do a thing, WTF Romulo

Rafa Mendes is doing his thing, that's his style i am fine with it

Caio/Bruno, Caio is the aggressor but it cost his fight imo

Marcelo/Lucas is alright , 2-0 with a interesting ending

But 2011 is definitely the coming out party for rodoflo veria

How did the Marcelo match pan out? What was interesting?

After mixing my training and watching finals in all main grappling arts besides sambo, the gi finals as a whole are a lot more boring than judo, wrestling, and adcc, i think it is due to the time limits being too long and not allowing certain subs if they changed it like shortening the time and added heel hooks from 50/50 things would get a lot better, because although i'm enjoying the technique's used at the highest level, the majority has been far too boring in comparison to other high level grappling sports.

BJJ has always been relatively boring to watch. Unlike judo, the rules are not designed to make it interesting to watch, which .... makes it boring.

Effective, but boring.

How did the Marcelo match pan out? What was interesting?

Marcelo pull guard and sweep immediately, but he couldn't pass Lucas guard

til the last 40 seconds Lucas push the pace and almost got MG back in the last seconds
which he protest afterward

If they legalize heel hooks Ryan Hall will be champion

Marcelo pull guard and sweep immediately, but he couldn't pass Lucas guard

til the last 40 seconds Lucas push the pace and almost got MG back in the last seconds
which he protest afterward

Sounds similar to Marcelo and Calazans last year.

btw, this is a BAD year for Gracie Barra/Gracie Elite team

No gold in any weight class in black belt division

i think it's the first time for GB to have zero gold at Mundial (not sure..)

BJJ has always been relatively boring to watch. Unlike judo, the rules are not designed to make it interesting to watch, which .... makes it boring.

Effective, but boring.

I'd say adcc and wrestling are very effective, although wrestling has had similar changes which in fact rather than make it more exciting allows people to stall and hope they get the clinch and win the period. I guess before i hadn't watched much wrestling and no gi grappling which is why i find this more boring than before as well as these stalling positions in 50/50, i don't mind the position just people stalling there, put in heel hooks the stalling stops, as well as shortening the time limit i think would make it more entertaining, galvao said the same thing.

Back