Media Brunson thinks the UFC is mad at him

Promoters don’t like it when middle of the pack guys fuck up their plans

Ask Bart Gunn
CleanGrimyBarnacle-size_restricted.gif

That was a great fight and great performance by Brunson. I enjoyed the fight more than the Vando one.

Its weird because he hates the actual white champions like volkanovski and stipe.
He's a weirdo

He only likes White champions if they are "his guys" (i.e. Chuck, McG, etc); guys like Randy, Tim Syliva, etc. he never cared for because they weren't there to dance his jig (why he turned on McG eventually as well).

I don't think it's a race thing for him, it's just about liking guys that play ball (i.e. "Company Men"); Woodley did the UFC right before he was champ but the second he got the belt he realized they weren't actually doing him any favors. Started causing problems, they started making problems for him.

This is the dichotomy the UFC puts you in - to get a title shot you need to be a "Company Guy" but if you stay a "Company Guy" while champion they will have you make less money then you deserve, fighting guys you don't want to fight at dates/locations you don't want, because it benefits their bottom line more then it does your career.

Josh Emmett had an amazing KTFO vs Johnson
Still, the POTN went only to Paul Craig
And many other examples

GrandSizzlingBagworm-size_restricted.gif

vs

BarrenZanyEsok-size_restricted.gif

Brunson finish wasn't that impressive
Decent

Luque's knee was just better, more exciting

ObedientFabulousGerenuk-size_restricted.gif

Luque had a better KO
Maia probably got one for the sub

They only give 2

FOTN went to Green/Lando

They only give two, huh?

Last weeks card had 6 POTN bonus's.

It was a fun main card, Brunson just didn't get lucky. And this is not a good way to go. No one has ever gotten a bonus after complaining about not getting one, all they get is... UFC getting mad at them.

They only give two, huh?

Last weeks card had 6 POTN bonus's.
Yeah they never do that, it was because they had 15 fights. Don't pretend like that's the norm because it happened once.

They always just do 2 POTN and 1 FOTN

It used to be 1 KO of the night and 1 submission of the night with a FOTN

Yeah they never do that, it was because they had 15 fights. Don't pretend like that's the norm because it happened once.

They always just do 2 POTN and 1 FOTN

It used to be 1 KO of the night and 1 submission of the night with a FOTN

Still, Brunson deserved that bonus.

Promoters don’t like it when middle of the pack guys fuck up their plans

Ask Bart Gunn
CleanGrimyBarnacle-size_restricted.gif

You must be about as old as I am (I'm 47) because only someone in that age range would even remember that <45>

Leave it to pro wrestling to come up with an idea for a tournament of real fights, but with someone scripted to win, and then throw a hissyfit when the scripted winner loses an actual fight, then punishing the actual winner to the point of ruining his entire career for trying to win actual fights.

I'm going to assume all the salties in here didn't watch the rest of the card?

You can't take a POTN away from Luque's finish

Yep. Not to take say that Brunson's performance wasn't great - it was great. However, Luque indeed had a much better performance and more exciting fight, in my opinion, and apparently, the UFC's opinions.

I think the fights that got the bonuses made sense. If this was Zuffa he'd be getting the locker room bonus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back