Bruce Lee fractured the skull of a judoka named Yoichi Nakachi,

[QUOTE="TheMaster, post: 171878536, member: .
As a Judoka I can say getting to clinch is problematic against a solid striker. Judo is generally an upright stance, maybe the guy wanted to stand as well.[/QUOTE]

I don't see any way they are learned to do it either. They start in a clinch when sparring.

"When I was training in Taekwondo we shared our studio with a judo school. They were amazing, and the head instructor was truly a formidable practitioner. He used to practice his sweeps by placing a bucket filled with concrete inside a discarded truck tire and pushing it along the parking lot, back and forth. I watched him toss heavyweight competitors around like they were bean bags. He was himself only about 5′9″ and weighed probably 160 lbs.

One day a few of us were watching his class drill when he came over to chat. We complimented his students on their skills, and he replied that he always told his students that if they wanted to see truly dangerous fighters they should study the Taekwondo practitioners.

He pointed out that for him to do any damage to us he had to get his hands on us. If he did, we were in serious trouble. If he didn’t, we could pound him with low kicks and high punches as he tried to move in. If we landed a hard strike, or worse, a combination of hard strikes, he might very easily be a judo practitioner with a couple of broken ribs, a broken nose, or a shattered knee. Good luck continuing the fight then."

You must confuse Judo with irish collar-and-elbow wrestling or something because this is not how it works.

They start by moving towards each other and then grab each others clothing. How does that prepare you to close the gap on a striker?

They start by moving towards each other and then grab each others clothing. How does that prepare you to close the gap on a striker?
Can you make up your mind? You just said they start in a clinch.

Can you make up your mind? You just said they start in a clinch.

Sorry, I neglected the super dynamic walk towards each other.

Oh and let's not forget their pathetic turtling in newaza, waiting for the ref to save them

This was Bruce Lees natural physique in the 60s before he became a Bodybuilding freak with insanely low fat percentage.

And he was strong....we know that based on his fast twitch muscle fibers, since they are a crucial part of raw strength

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230904-222431~2.png
    Screenshot_20230904-222431~2.png
    333.1 KB · Views: 10
Sorry, I neglected the super dynamic walk towards each other.

Oh and let's not forget their pathetic turtling in newaza, waiting for the ref to save them
You're really showing some expert level knowledge about kumi kata and Judo in general here. Frank Dux style.

You're really showing some expert level knowledge about kumi kata and Judo in general here. Frank Dux style.

That Judoka who beat Royce their first match, turtled up in another MMA fight and got stopped shortly thereafter. Like a fish on dry land as soon as they are on their back.

They would last 30 seconds longer on their back than a striker, against a BJJ purple belt.

That Judoka who beat Royce their first match, turtled up in another MMA fight and got stopped shortly thereafter. Like a fish on dry land as soon as they are on their back.

They would last 30 seconds longer on their back than a striker, against a BJJ purple belt.
Interesting how you're derailing your own thread completely switching to topics that have nothing to do with the discussion. Whom are you even referring to? Yoshida?

I don't see any way they are learned to do it either. They start in a clinch when sparring.

Judokas don't start in a "clinch." They start in a rear naked clam jam:

gpiwkpgtof9mfrpvqiwo.jpg

And that's only when they're not pummeling for the chuckleberry handshake. Fuckin' n00b.

Last edited:
The mention about fast twitch fibers gives it away.

spacetime's taken a new tack, but it's still the same old bullshit. gonna post some air punches now?

ah damnit didn't catch that.

Mods, this is the alt of banned account trolling in here which is against sherdog's TOS. Do your thing.

Back