Brown vs. Nick Diaz

iamindian

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Two gritty fighters that never quit...would be a fun fight!

Thoughts?

Would love to see it. Do the Diaz brothers want to fight anyone other than a champion though? They seem to not be responding to any fight offers.

I like teh Matt but....please no...
diazsmith.gif

29puj2e.gif

2i7pi54_jpg.gif

Last edited:
Ah the obligatory post event "Nick Diaz Vs. ..." thread.

That being said Diaz in a great fight.

Everyone has already brought this one up heaps.
Nick Diaz wouldn't even rematch Condit.. A fight he (and I, and plenty of others) think he won. A fight that if won would probably land him with a title shot.
It's unfortunate, but I can't see him coming back.

Diaz would have to win by a sub after a body shot or else I see Brown walking through his shots and just out toughing nick to a late stoppage.

It'd be fucking fireworks!!!

Brown: winning fights.
Diaz: retired.

There are plenty of top guys who want to fight and deserve it.

Nick Diaz would do great in fights with no time limits like back in the day, Hes next to impossible to finish and when he does lose he gets outpointed. I think Brown would outpoint him though.. Nick plays to much and talks to much in the cage IMO that is what costs him points talking smack instead of swinging

Hells no! He has a 7 fight win streak and is finally ripe for a top 5 opponent in a no1 contender fight, and you want him to fight Nick Diaz? It would be a losable fight for him which would do nothing for him rankings-wise.

Hells no! He has a 7 fight win streak and is finally ripe for a top 5 opponent in a no1 contender fight, and you want him to fight Nick Diaz? It would be a losable fight for him which would do nothing for him rankings-wise.
Does anyone really think Brown is going to have anything to offer any top 5 welterweight? I like him all and applaud his streak, but he's 19-11 for a reason and it's not like he's beating anyone of consequence...a fight with Diaz would be great for him, rankings don't matter whatsoever, Brown should focus on banking some money over the course of the next 3 fights or so. He's not getting a title shot, let alone winning the title. Might as well take a fight against a fan fav that will sell some tickets.

This is exactly what I was thinking when I logged into sherdog this morning.

I hope there is another Matt Brown vs Nick Diaz post.

Everyone has already brought this one up heaps.
Nick Diaz wouldn't even rematch Condit.. A fight he (and I, and plenty of others) think he won. A fight that if won would probably land him with a title shot.
It's unfortunate, but I can't see him coming back.

Any win would land him with a title shot

Any win would land him with a title shot

Yeah I'm not kidding anyone.. That's true. Even a loss could land him with a title shot.

Truth is, he's the guy everyone wants to see fight.

nothing is ever set in stone as we all know,but rumor has it that is something that is being looked into....it is a def possibility!!! i ve been lurking here a long long time,even before i ever joined,... and dont post much but had to on this....its a fight THEY want to make..have a great friend/trainer whos in the mix and says its being thrown all kinds of around right now....i like diaz but brown has got this one

Maybe on paper, but Nick's in a different class. They both have iron chins, but Brown's soft to the gut, and Nick's great at attacking the middle.

Does anyone really think Brown is going to have anything to offer any top 5 welterweight? I like him all and applaud his streak, but he's 19-11 for a reason and it's not like he's beating anyone of consequence...a fight with Diaz would be great for him, rankings don't matter whatsoever, Brown should focus on banking some money over the course of the next 3 fights or so. He's not getting a title shot, let alone winning the title. Might as well take a fight against a fan fav that will sell some tickets.

yeah i tend to agree. here's what brown's looking at: 1) a top five opponent he'd lose to; 2) a top ten (6-10) opponent he may or may not beat (title shot not guaranteed); 3) or a bunch of fights against tough opponents that can be ppv main events--condit, diaz, etc.

i'd love to see brown get a title shot just to get that massive ppv cut, but on the other hand he can make a lot of money just getting into awesome scraps people want to see.

now as everyone points out, diaz probably isn't going to get off his bike seat for this one, but if the money looked good maybe.

Or Fedor! That'd be an interesting fight. Or Mark Kerr! Do you think Chuck Liddel could make the weight cut? Rich Franklin?

(lol Why is all my sarcasm in the wrong weight class?)

Back