Brown should fight Lombard

I think Lombard would walk right through him, 1st rnd. KO.

This^

I hate this fight because I don't want to see either guy lose. Lombard is possibly the worst match-up for him. Brown would have a better chance of beating Hendricks.

The fight makes sense to me, especially as a possible number 1 contender fight. Brown needs a top guy to truly justify his shot and Lombard needs a fight and another good fighter to justify his. Either way with the current state of the welterweight division I'm sure not everybody is going to like who gets the next shot unless GSP decides to come back soon and reclaim his belt. No matter how it works out as long as Brown and Condit eventually throw down I'll be happy. That's a fight I think would be amazing to watch.

Brown would have problems with Lombard because Lombard's chin is iron so he won't be back up by Brown's pace and volume. He has more power than Brown also so Matt would be walking forward into heavy artillery if he fought with his normal style. Brown's only chance would be if Hector gassed which isn't impossible. I could see Brown putting it on a gassed Hector but not being able to do much damage against a fresh Lombard.

Brown would have problems with Lombard because Lombard's chin is iron so he won't be back up by Brown's pace and volume. He has more power than Brown also so Matt would be walking forward into heavy artillery if he fought with his normal style. Brown's only chance would be if Hector gassed which isn't impossible. I could see Brown putting it on a gassed Hector but not being able to do much damage against a fresh Lombard.

I think that's a good assessment but it's going to be tough for Matt to tire him out, I don't think he can do it by grappling with him and trying to do it with his striking would be very dangerous. I think more often than not Lombard finishes him in the first or sometime in the second.

Back