broken orbital bone?

drewblood

hanging on with quiet desperation...
@Green
Reaction score
a good buddy of mine got jumped and had his orbital bone broken. i'm guessing the guy who hit him had some boxing experience cause he came in at the right angle and got him right on the sweet spot. i feel really bad for my friend.. nice guy. anyways just wondering if anyone here has ever had it broken... i guess it usually requires surgery to fix. luckily my friend trains in BJJ and just went onto his back and the guy who hit him gave up after a minute and didnt want to take it to the ground. shit like this really pisses me off.

It happened to Bob Sapp.. and Vernon White.. off the top of my head. My brother did a month in the brigg for doing it to a guy with a higher rank than him in self defense. Never had it myself, but I know it hurts like all hell.

Yeah, I broke mine on the left side, but not in a fight. I face-planted off a retaining wall about 7 years ago. It sucks, but it heals.

Porter said:
It happened to Bob Sapp.. and Vernon White.. off the top of my head. My brother did a month in the brigg for doing it to a guy with a higher rank than him in self defense. Never had it myself, but I know it hurts like all hell.

Please elaborate. Was it a self defense class and he went BAM and broke it or what?

Ohh I know about Bob Sapp, thanks though. I'm talking about his friend. It sounds like he was in a self defense class and punched this guy, breaking his orbital bone, and going to jail for a month. Don't they have waivers?

About a year ago, I was sparring with a good friend of mine and i landed a right hook to his left eye. He went down and his eye swelled up quicker than hell. At first I didn't think is was anything but a black eye. I got him some ice, but he kept saying he thought something was broken. I drove him to the hospital and he had a broken orbital bone. The doctor called it "ocular blow-out". One of the bone fragments was laying on one of his eye muscles and it was bluring his vision. Long story short, they had to wait a week or so before operating. When they did, they had to put a plate in with a couple screws to hold it in place. He can see fine now, but when he looks up, his left eye goes crossed. His doctor told him that it is "probably" permanent.
I've hit plenty of guys with bad intentions, but this was just sparring and the punch didn't have much on it. I don't think it was the force of the shot, because I don't really have knockout power, I think it had more to do with where the punch landed. It was just a one in a million shot.

Had mine broken in a fight in high school, the guy had one of those big square class rings on that caught me square in the eye. I didn't need surgery - but I got a gap along the bottom of the eye socket from where it was broken.

I hurt the same eye in a shoot boxing match. But it healed fine. I want to fight MMA but I have to be super careful of my eye.

Dominic Kihlstrand said:
Please elaborate. Was it a self defense class and he went BAM and broke it or what?

Nah.. it was at a bar in Okinawa. The guy came out of the bar after him, and got a nice combo to the face for his troubles. It was an interservice thing, and he was a higher rank, so my brother got fucked. Aggrivated assault. That's like when you jump a guy with a bat. It was clearly self defense. Oh well.

oh...you mean like an actual, friggin...like...brigg. I thought you meant jail. That's messed up you cant defend yourself from other people in the navy.

got jumped at the bar last night, got a black eye and a cut didnt think much of it. about 24 hours later i went to blow my nose and my eye lid blew up like a baloon. it was petty bad, at first i thought my eye ball was coming out. it puffed up so much i couldnt open my eye. crushed orbital bone, i went to the hospital today im going to have to have surgury sceduled tommorow. im going to chicago for strikeforce on the 7th like this lol.

About a year ago, I was sparring with a good friend of mine and i landed a right hook to his left eye. He went down and his eye swelled up quicker than hell. At first I didn't think is was anything but a black eye. I got him some ice, but he kept saying he thought something was broken. I drove him to the hospital and he had a broken orbital bone. The doctor called it "ocular blow-out". One of the bone fragments was laying on one of his eye muscles and it was bluring his vision. Long story short, they had to wait a week or so before operating. When they did, they had to put a plate in with a couple screws to hold it in place. He can see fine now, but when he looks up, his left eye goes crossed. His doctor told him that it is "probably" permanent.
I've hit plenty of guys with bad intentions, but this was just sparring and the punch didn't have much on it. I don't think it was the force of the shot, because I don't really have knockout power, I think it had more to do with where the punch landed. It was just a one in a million shot.

hi, i got an orbital blowout too when i was sparring half a year ago.. it didnt swell, but it completely destory my orbital bones and blood was drippin off my nose. yes the cross thing is for real. the reason is because both ur eyes dont have the same flexibility anymore, one can look at wider angle than the other one. I was almost thinking of breaking the other one too lol so it aligns perfectly if my looking up. j.k

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back