broken knuckles

ronny thylin

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I wuz wondering if someone has any ideas on how to be able to keep my knuckles good. I use baggloves and handwraps but my knucks keep breaking, and I can't concentrate on punching with them all busted up. Maybe I'm a pussy but if you got ideas please share...

PEACE :icon_arro

Check that you're wrapping your hands correctly, I changed the way I wrapped mine a fgew years back and it made a massive difference to how sore my hands got, it might also be worth getting some boxing gloves to use in palce of bag gloves as the padding could shield your knuckles.

You said you keep breaking you knuckles which could indicate you are not leaving long enough for them to heal.

SmashiusClay said:
Check that you're wrapping your hands correctly, I changed the way I wrapped mine a fgew years back and it made a massive difference to how sore my hands got, it might also be worth getting some boxing gloves to use in palce of bag gloves as the padding could shield your knuckles.

You said you keep breaking you knuckles which could indicate you are not leaving long enough for them to heal.

Thanks I'll give it a shot next time. I got 'normal' gloves too but I'd rather save them for sparring.

how often have you broken your knuckles? sounds like you break them alot, what are you breaking them on?

Reakt said:
how often have you broken your knuckles? sounds like you break them alot, what are you breaking them on?

lol yeah on a heavy bag. If I take it cool and try to keep some sort of technique up it's ok but when I go berserk the skin on the knuckles comes flying off:(

man ask someone how to wrap your hands properly and like I said a lot of times use knuckles guards

oh, i thought you meant you were braking the bones.

ronny thylin said:
lol yeah on a heavy bag. If I take it cool and try to keep some sort of technique up it's ok but when I go berserk the skin on the knuckles comes flying off:(
Oh I see you mean broken skin. (realisation dawns) Don't know if this actually works or is just an old wives tale but I've always rubbed shampoo into the broken skin on my knuckles, stings like hell but it seems to make them heal faster and toughens them up a bit.

ronny thylin said:
I wuz wondering if someone has any ideas on how to be able to keep my knuckles good. I use baggloves and handwraps but my knucks keep breaking, and I can't concentrate on punching with them all busted up. Maybe I'm a pussy but if you got ideas please share...

PEACE :icon_arro

Your knuckles keep breaking????? I assume you mean the skin on your knuckles, in which case give yourself time to heal, make sure you are strpping your hands right and start again.

If you are talking about your actual knuckles then go see a doctor dude you must have seriously brittle bones :p

SmashiusClay said:
Oh I see you mean broken skin. (realisation dawns) Don't know if this actually works or is just an old wives tale but I've always rubbed shampoo into the broken skin on my knuckles, stings like hell but it seems to make them heal faster and toughens them up a bit.

Sounds stupid to me.

your probably wearing gloves that are too big so they rub!

Over time they should stop tearing. Just give them time to heal between tears and then the skin should slowly become tougher to the point where they should not tear.

I know Vilo had a good trick with hardning the skin. Fill a bucket of water with Salt and brine i think( alot of salt :) ) and soak your hands. That will toughen the skin

But what Trudge said maybethe gloves are to big and thats y they are rubbing casusing the tears. But Honestly thats the first i have ever heard oof knuckles tearing when using gloves but i guess u learn somthing new everyday.

yeah, what happens is they rub on your hands and should cause a blister
you don't notice, work through it and before you know you've got red skin tears
think about what happens if you run/walk in a pair of trainers that are a size too big
your feet blister and your ankle gets torn to shreds
sounds wierd and its something i never thought of but my girlfriend is robin reids cousin (boxer not name dropping, he's not very good) and he said its always overlooked and used to happen to him

Back