Broke my leg. Now has rod in it. Anyone gone thru this?

OwwTapTap

White Belt
Reaction score
I broke my shin bone in several parts and it was fixed with a 14in. long metal rod and 6 screws holding it. I wonder if I will be able to return to MMA because of heel hooks, achilles locks,knee knots, you name it, Kicking the bag. Has anyone gone thru this or anything similar???

OwwTapTap said:
I broke my shin bone in several parts and it was fixed with a 14in. long metal rod and 6 screws holding it. I wonder if I will be able to return to MMA because of heel hooks, achilles locks,knee knots, you name it, Kicking the bag. Has anyone gone thru this or anything similar???

wow man that's horrible. Sorry i cant provide any info or experience but goddamn that mustve HURT like no other! how'd u break it????

all i know is.. when I accidently hit my shins on something( a sharp corner of a desk, etc) it hurts like a motha fucker so i cant even imagine breakin that shit in multiple places.

Believe me bro.....IT......HURRRRTS! I think id rather get kicked in the balls because i know the pain hurts but it goes away after a little while.

Man... That really blows. I had a friend that got his shin bone broken and he needed a rod too.

wow, i hope you win the lottery or something man, that sounds painful!

I have a friend who had something similar and he doesnt feel anything anymore at the part of his leg that was broken.

hee hee..... i can almost see everyones faces goin... eeek.... well it happened from a motorcycle accidentbut i wonder if anyone has returned to mma after a shinbone break????

Peter Aerts still fights after his Shin broke vs Filho imho.
But he is K-1 mainly..

I broke my scafoid bone in my wrist and have to have a screw put in. It has been a bs experience and it no where near right. But I start training mon so hopefully I can work around it.

Imortal Warrior said:
I broke my scafoid bone in my wrist and have to have a screw put in. It has been a bs experience and it no where near right. But I start training mon so hopefully I can work around it.

Let me know how that goes for you bro cuz i wonder if, for me, it will be doable cuz ive got a shitload of hardware in me.

Back