Broccoli vs Spinach

I hate frozen spinach, it tastes like crap to me. Fresh spinach, is a staple though.

Men's health held a tournament of vegetables once. Brocolli was the winner.

The answer is both, as the same time, with a little bit of extra sharp cheddar cheese.

Apples 'n oranges, innit. Or more accurately, spinach and broccoli. Spinach I can't stand cooked, and can you even eat broccoli raw? Say it ain't so.

Ever seen a vegetable tray? Raw brocolli is taty.
Also, my source is iron chef america so no idea how accurate this is, isn't spinach only really nutritious when cooked?

Ever seen a vegetable tray? Raw brocolli is taty.
Also, my source is iron chef america so no idea how accurate this is, isn't spinach only really nutritious when cooked?

Every time I've heard something like this there's a trade-off. Raw eggs have more protein, but cooking eggs releases protein that was previously sealed away. So really it's probably not that big a difference between cooked vs uncooked spinach.

isn't spinach only really nutritious when cooked?

I always hear an answer along the lines of "You absorb some nutrients more effectively when eaten raw, and others more effectively when eaten cooked (and depending on whether eaten with a fat)" from a reputable source such as the Precision Nutrition forums (John Berardi).

BTW I just made some "mashed (steam and then puree in a blender) cauliflower" last night (from JB's Gourmet Nutrition) which tastes awesome. I doubt "mashed broccoli" would be as good, but it could be worth a try (if I experiment I'll report back).

Back