Crime Brit backpacker Catherine Shaw possibly murdered after naked body found in Guatemala

phoenixikki

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Brit female backpacker possibly murdered after naked body found in Guatemala

1_Catherine-Shaw.jpg

The death of a British backpacker whose naked body was found on a mountainside in Guatemala is being investigated as a possible murder.
Catherine Shaw's body was discovered on Monday, a week after she was last seen leaving a hostel carrying a stray puppy.
It is believed the 23-year-old, from Witney, Oxfordshire, had hiked from Eco Hotel Mayachik to the Nariz del Indio summit, overlooking Lake Atitlan, to watch the sunrise on March 5.
After the search came to a tragic end, a preliminary police report claimed the Brit was found naked and had "visible blows to her body and lacerations on her left leg".
However a new statement from the Lucie Blackman Trust, which is supporting the family, said it believed foul play was "probably not involved" and the death was a "tragic accident".
Miss Shaw's jacket and trousers were found on the mountain shortly before her body was discovered near the village of San Juan La Laguna. Her body was found about 60ft from where the puppy was found on Friday, said Amy Farrow, an American woman involved in the search for Miss Shaw. Community leader Juan Mendoza said the trousers had been found at the Nariz del Indio summit. Mr Mendoza described the 23-year-old’s death as a crime and called on authorities to find those responsible. Police sources told local press they believed she had been murdered, although officially Guatemala’s PNC force said only it had launched a “criminal investigation” into the “deplorable incident.” A preliminary police report, leaked to local press, said Miss Shaw was found “totally naked, face down and at first sight has visible blows to her body and lacerations on her left leg".

Continue reading

Totally a accident. Usually naked bodies of young white women that are found on mountain sides of foreign countries definitely involve no foul play.

Sad story. Unfortunately it sounds like she may have had a terrible death. People need to be less careless when they travel abroad, and even within their own country. You know the areas that are safe in your own area, and the areas to avoid. When you travel abroad, you need to have that same awareness and practice even more caution.

Catherine Shaw's body was discovered on Monday, a week after she was last seen leaving a hostel carrying a stray puppy.

This does not sound like an overly cautious person to me. She should have been traveling with several friends to see the sunrise, not a stray puppy.

Hopefully they find whoever killed her, but I am not optimistic based on that article. Just terrible.

Strange that the local authorities are suspecting foul play but the family of the deceased is saying tragic accident.

Last edited:
Sad story. Unfortunately it sounds like she may have had a terrible death. People need to be less careless when they travel abroad, and even within their own country. You know the areas that are safe in your own area, and the areas to avoid. When you travel abroad, you need to have that same awareness and practice even more caution.

This does not sound like an overly cautious person to me. She should have been traveling with several friends to see the sunrise, not a stray puppy.

Hopefully they find whoever killed her, but I am not optimistic based on that article. Just terrible.
Like, I hate to be judgmental based on the picture of what I assume is the deceased in the OP but....

Just looks like the type to go "oh, this dude with tear drop tats and shit is only going to show me this awesome waterfall to cliff dive and doesn't have a checkered pass at all"

I also wouldn't put it past someone like that to strip naked wandering around on a cliff, slip and fall and then die either though.

Totally a accident. Usually naked bodies of young white women that are found on mountain sides of foreign countries definitely involve no foul play.

Geez, why are you SJWs always making this about race.

Oh wait...

Sad story. Unfortunately it sounds like she may have had a terrible death.

What makes you think that? From the details of the story - namely that the puppy survived and didn't leave the general vicinity of the place of her death - that she fell down the side of the mountain to her death. I mean, I guess any unnatural cause of death is terrible, but the only strange thing in these details is why her trousers were off.

Geez, why are you SJWs always making this about race.

Oh wait...
The deceased was reported as white.

2f2urc.jpg

What makes you think that? From the details of the story - namely that the puppy survived and didn't leave the general vicinity of the place of her death - that she fell down the side of the mountain to her death. I mean, I guess any unnatural cause of death is terrible, but the only strange thing in these details is why her trousers were off.
Oh ya, falling down a mountain isn't a terrible death... then you added the cherry on top about her being found naked. Good lord LOL!! These fake posters on this site kill me.

Damn muslims at it again.
It's good to have you back Hummer... literally contributing nothing, not even something funny or witty, in any of your posts.

Last edited:

@Gregolian already said it, but she looks like the type of woman who likes to be 'one with nature' by taking her clothes off and airing out her jungle bush.

Do girls who go backpacking alone, or with another one or two gals, in isolated areas of foreign countries NOT watch horror movies?

Even if it wasn't foul play, hiking alone in unfamiliar territory is still dangerous. I do a good chunk of backpacking and I don't do solo trips for the 1st time anywhere. I'll repeat some, but not the maiden voyage. Too many things can go wrong that aren't a big deal with someone else there, but on your own with 0 cell service can turn into life and death situations.

Last edited:

I guess there is a chance that she stripped down and fell off a cliff. I know that is actually something that people do (the stripping part).

They need to do a medical examination to find out if she was assaulted. I don't think it should be difficult to determine.

Another casualty of leftist indoctrination.

Well there's the slant. I like how *not being a pants-shitting coward* is now considered leftist indoctrination. It used to just be reading, knowing things, and speaking in nuance that marked leftist indoctrination. Now it's having a pair of figurative testicles whatsoever.

"Oh, you leave your home country? Leftist indoctrination! You climb rocks and experience the world? Leftist indoctrination! You don't presume that anyone whose skin is darker than Taylor Swift will murder you and rape your corpse? Leftist indoctrination! Don't you know that watching NASCAR in a pair of Wal-Mart slacks while your wife sends badly-spelled messages to a cat-fishing Nigerian on Facebook is the height of human existence?"

At this point, not trembling while watching the local news is basically an act of social justice revolution.

This is unfortunately, the most accurate answer.

To morons, yes.

Damn muslims at it again.

My guess is her murder was perpetrated by ISIS agents currently staying in Guatemala and waiting to blend into the next immigrant caravan heading up to the US.

Back