bring back rentals

ummm... how fuckin' old are you???

games were actually way more expensive back in the day if you inflation into account...

http://www.dorkly.com/post/85513/you-might-not-believe-how-much-games-cost-back-in-the-90s

So no... not really...

And games that cost 80-100 are the brand new AAA games. If you have a problem with that then buy older games and wait for them to drop in price. There's plenty of great games for a good price but you simply choose to play the newest and hottest ones...

basically what I am saying is:

<{poor?}>

im 30.

your not hearing me, im a visionary.

look i dont want to buy every game nor wait for then to drop in price. i also struggle to get into games....im not a teenager anymore so when i bought games in the past, they usually got finished whereas now i could pay hundreds and those games never get played. hence why i think all the major online stores should be offering digital rentals. how is this not a visionary idea ?

no more owning game libraries that could rival the old blockbusters, no more wasting hundreds of dollars on games you dont play and no more buyers fatigue. adults dont want to spending all this money on games.

just picture this. you get home from work and you see a game you wouldnt mind having a look at, even a few games. instead of having to purchase it you rent it for the night for say 3-5 dollars. even those indie titles on the switch are quite expensive.

you dont like it, its gone. simple.

you want to play more you can either rent it again kr purchase it.

yeh but it is more than nothing. take the switch for example and their ridiculously expebsove games. this is a prime example on how the industry has caused buyers fatigue. you end up paying more for games than the sonsole when it comes to owning a few of their top rated games you end up shelling out more than 500 dollars ffs.

i wasnt aware subscribing to certain publishers allow you too rent hours. i dont want hours, i want too rent for one night.

far simpler and easier solution. dont like the game, it vanishes or you really enjoy it and you can either rent it out again or buy it.
you can get EA's Origin if your into there games and get the old games free and I think the new games at discount.

You guys don't understand! He is a fucking visionary!!

im 30.

your not hearing me, im a visionary.

look i dont want to buy every game nor wait for then to drop in price. i also struggle to get into games....im not a teenager anymore so when i bought games in the past, they usually got finished whereas now i could pay hundreds and those games never get played. hence why i think all the major online stores should be offering digital rentals. how is this not a visionary idea ?

no more owning game libraries that could rival the old blockbusters, no more wasting hundreds of dollars on games you dont play and no more buyers fatigue. adults dont want to spending all this money on games.

just picture this. you get home from work and you see a game you wouldnt mind having a look at, even a few games. instead of having to purchase it you rent it for the night for say 3-5 dollars. even those indie titles on the switch are quite expensive.

you dont like it, its gone. simple.

you want to play more you can either rent it again kr purchase it.

https://www.gamefly.com/

Or

Redbox but selection is limited...

U still sound poor.

If you stay a few years behind, you can buy them for pretty cheap. The problem with rentals is that most games have been cracked, so people would just install it and download a crack for it.

Then again, Steam will give refund if you have played the game for less than 2 hours

yes this is inline with what in talking about but its something that should be adopted the xbox/playstation/nintendo stores.

There is already. It's called Game Pass and Playstation Now. Not sure if Switch has a platform coming. You are 30 and "old" and didn't know this? Lol I am 38 so I must be ancient in your eyes.

More info..

Also games can be incredibly cheap if you are patient. I just picked up Rocket League $10, Tacoma $6, Sublevel Zero Redux $4, NBA 2K18 $15, Destiny 2 $5, Final Fantasy 15 Royal Edition $19, Battlefront II $10, Far Cry 5 $30, Forza Horizon 4 $40 just in the past month and a half from Boxing Week and BF sales. All in Canadian Dollars to, so that would be even cheaper in US Dollars.

And I got a crap ton of free games with Xbox Live Gold membership like Game of the year winner Celeste.

Last edited:
Redbox at grocery stores have video games. No idea how long you can keep them.

believe it or not but a videoshop still exists here.

There's a handful that still exist in and around the suburbs I live it. I dunno why really though. You can rent dvds from a machine in the supermarket and in mosts casts (except for new releases) you can go and buy the dvd/bluray for a couple of bucks more than you'd pay for a rental.

There is already. It's called Game Pass and Playstation Now. Not sure if Switch has a platform coming. You are 30 and "old" and didn't know this? Lol I am 38 so I must be ancient in your eyes.

More info..

Also games can be incredibly cheap if you are patient. I just picked up Rocket League $10, Tacoma $6, Sublevel Zero Redux $4, NBA 2K18 $15, Destiny 2 $5, Final Fantasy 15 Royal Edition $19, Battlefront II $10, Far Cry 5 $30, Forza Horizon 4 $40 just in the past month and a half from Boxing Week and BF sales. All in Canadian Dollars to, so that would be even cheaper in US Dollars.

And I got a crap ton of free games with Xbox Live Gold membership like Game of the year winner Celeste.

i dunno im just not keen on paying for a subscription. it does seem like everything is heading that way..

perhaps its just me. id like to just switch on any given console and rent a game for a night using the main store.

theres more games than ever, including the indies and not enough time to buy and play them all. ive still got 360 games that were played briefly and never touched again.

could game companies make more money from rentals as oppose to relying on everyone to purchase the game. id wager the switch would benefit from this.

im more of a casual gamer these days.

Dude, listen, liste, bro, listen, dude, just hear me out... These companies should just give us more games for free and not charge us.

i dunno im just not keen on paying for a subscription. it does seem like everything is heading that way..

perhaps its just me. id like to just switch on any given console and rent a game for a night using the main store.

theres more games than ever, including the indies and not enough time to buy and play them all. ive still got 360 games that were played briefly and never touched again.

could game companies make more money from rentals as oppose to relying on everyone to purchase the game. id wager the switch would benefit from this.

im more of a casual gamer these days.
It’s ten bucks a month, that’s what 3 rentals in block buster dollars?

So you wouldn’t rent 3 a month?

Gamefly.com

I still have a video rental store in my town it's called Family Video. They rent all of the current gen games including Switch. I think they still do 360, wii U, and PS3 games too. The store itself is huge. Here's a pic of part of the inside.
9930775d-4f4d-4ebc-b232-8c04f378cef5.png

I never go here though. I have so many video games back logged as it is. With the Xbox One I get...

EA Access, 70 games for $30 a year. ( Big one for me as I'm a more of a sports gamer)
XBOX Gold, $60 a year that includes 4 free games a month and tons of weekly deals.
Game Pass, $10 a month that includes around 200 games. I don't subscribe to this very often though I'll get it for a month then cancel it if a game comes up on there that I want to play.

I usually just wait for a sale and very rarely pay full price for a game.

Back