Briedis calls out Okolie

Briedis is one of the most underrated fighter's in the world. His only loss was a close fight to an all time great fighter in Usyk.

Okolie is big and has reach, a great jab and right hand but i think Briedis, unless he got too old, can knock him out. Briedis is a dog

You have to watch Usyk vs Briedis to understand why Usyk had no problems beating Joshua.
The competition level at cruisers at That time was ridiculously good yet ignored by many because the cruiserweight division isn't as popular as the HW.

Usyk had a close and competitive fight against this guy. The thing is that Briedis is not just "good" or "great", he's an ATG tier fighter.

Knowing That Usyk was able to beat a prime version of this guy should be a huge concern for any HW.

I highly encourage Joshua fans who were surprised by Usyk's domination to watch Briedis in action. It's not that Joshua isn't great. (He certainly has better boxing fundamentals than Wilder)...it's just that Usyk had to deal with better opposition. How good is Briedis ? Watch

Usyk vs Briedis

You have to watch Usyk vs Briedis to understand why Usyk had no problems beating Joshua.
The competition level at cruisers at That time was ridiculously good yet ignored by many because the cruiserweight division isn't as popular as the HW.

Usyk had a close and competitive fight against this guy. The thing is that Briedis is not just "good" or "great", he's an ATG tier fighter.

Knowing That Usyk was able to beat a prime version of this guy should be a huge concern for any HW.

I highly encourage Joshua fans who were surprised by Usyk's domination to watch Briedis in action. It's not that Joshua isn't great. (He certainly has better boxing fundamentals than Wilder)...it's just that Usyk had to deal with better opposition. How good is Briedis ? Watch

Usyk vs Briedis

It was the golden era for the CW division and Usyk emerged as the best and arguably GOAT CW

Weve seen Hunter go to a draw with Povetkin @ HW that he shouldve won

CW Huck also got robbed against Pov.

CWs are just fit HWs but the skill level of the past era of CW was unmatched in history of any other CW era.

Last edited:

fight has to happen next

Briedis KO

Happy days and a great call out.

Okolie and Hearn have been dropping breidis’s name for the last couple of fights so it’s good that’s he’s called their bluff. Should be a good fight. However, unless breidis is on the slide, this is his fight to lose. He’s gonna have to be careful though, I don’t think there’s another CW that hits as hard as okolie . I reckon he hits harder than most of the heavies

Happy days and a great call out.

Okolie and Hearn have been dropping breidis’s name for the last couple of fights so it’s good that’s he’s called their bluff. Should be a good fight. However, unless breidis is on the slide, this is his fight to lose. He’s gonna have to be careful though, I don’t think there’s another CW that hits as hard as okolie . I reckon he hits harder than most of the heavies
Okolie seems like a weight bully though, his style wouldn't work against big heavies like Fury etc.

Okolie seems like a weight bully though, his style wouldn't work against big heavies like Fury etc.

Hed get rekt @ HW. He will use the guise of being AJs friend for as long as he can to avoid moving up tho.

Briedis looking young for 36. Looks like he just graduated.

this guy started boxing at 24 years old and is one of the most underrated boxers, technically speaking. gave Usyk his closest fight

Wilder has no excuse for starting at 20 and having no skill

Great fight, I want to see Briedis attempt to work his way inside Okolie's Condor like wingspan.

Usyk vs Briedis

Gassiev and Briedis were top tier, Usyks run at CW was short but emphatic Gassiev, Briedis, Bellew, Glowacki and Huck is pretty damn good. People didn't care about the tournament because Americans have a certain disregard for European and abroad boxing.

Gassiev and Briedis were top tier, Usyks run at CW was short but emphatic Gassiev, Briedis, Bellew, Glowacki and Huck is pretty damn good. People didn't care about the tournament because Americans have a certain disregard for European and abroad boxing.

It’s a shame the Americans didn’t buy in ti it as it was a fantastic tournament. Even better than the SLW tournament, which was also great. After watching gassiev knock out dorticus in the semis I actually fancied him to beat usyk. Was so pumped for the final, then he got completely outclassed. Usyks gonna be an atg

It’s a shame the Americans didn’t buy in ti it as it was a fantastic tournament. Even better than the SLW tournament, which was also great. After watching gassiev knock out dorticus in the semis I actually fancied him to beat usyk. Was so pumped for the final, then he got completely outclassed. Usyks gonna be an atg

He's on track to be but its all or nothing at this point, hes 35 and not realistically ever going back down to CW. If he wins the Joshua rematch then gets the Fury fight, or has a couple en route to the unification vs guys like Ruiz, Wilder, Whyte then he definitely will be in the ATG category. If the size difference catches up to him and he gets battered and loses his belts....well many will say he never reigned long enough, doesn't have the same kind of record etc.

Its all or nothing for Usyk in my opinion. He either becomes an all time great or gets overlooked by history. I think he fights about 4 more times, give or take.

He's on track to be but its all or nothing at this point, hes 35 and not realistically ever going back down to CW. If he wins the Joshua rematch then gets the Fury fight, or has a couple en route to the unification vs guys like Ruiz, Wilder, Whyte then he definitely will be in the ATG category. If the size difference catches up to him and he gets battered and loses his belts....well many will say he never reigned long enough, doesn't have the same kind of record etc.

Its all or nothing for Usyk in my opinion. He either becomes an all time great or gets overlooked by history. I think he fights about 4 more times, give or take.

Eh depends on the benchmark

Do you consider Andre Ward an ATG? B/c Usyk is already a better fighter with a better resume

Back