International Brexit Discussion v9: The Last Extension

Real talk: These Remainer ministers who sabotaged Brexit and are now finally resigning would have been beheaded for high treason in front of jeering crowds a few centuries ago when justice was more natural.

Not that anyone would have ever surrendered their sovereignty in such a way then.

Last edited:
This literally broke sherdog last night

I hope Boris sticks to his word. Brexit means Brexit let's get this over with so we Brits can get on with our lives. Boris will go down as a great if he follows through unlike May and Corbyn who have screwed up the UK these last years

Negotiations are over, that point was made clear to the UK when they asked for another extension. They can go for a No Deal but they already stopped planning for that months ago. So unless they can manage to get everything up and ready in less than 100 days, they're going to crash out. Boris will go down in history alright, as the last ever UK PM.

Brits lose all rights to mock americans for electing george bush jr or trump from now on. This idiot tries to project an image of loveable buffon but is really an old money wayyy far right tory .....brexit combined with this idiot is a perfect storm to fuck the uk up
In fairness he didn't win a GE and I doubt he could win one. BoJo is considered someone to be laughed at but the funny thing is that he is now our PM. Truth stranger than fiction ey

Negotiations are over, that point was made clear to the UK when they asked for another extension. They can go for a No Deal but they already stopped planning for that months ago. So unless they can manage to get everything up and ready in less than 100 days, they're going to crash out. Boris will go down in history alright, as the last ever UK PM.
It looked pretty clear to me that the extension was for the UK to get its shit together, not EVER for another deal to be negotiated.

All this crap about article 24 is pure smoke and mirrors so that people don't panic, no deal is inevitable now.

No deal just seems more and more likely every day

I say his first act is to find a replacement for that god awful mayor of London

In fairness he didn't win a GE and I doubt he could win one. BoJo is considered someone to be laughed at but the funny thing is that he is now our PM. Truth stranger than fiction ey
True but he did get to number ten despite proving he was useless as just a mayor

True but he did get to number ten despite proving he was useless as just a mayor
That’s the problem though. He distracts with his buffoonery but he knows exactly what he’s doing. As you said he was useless as Mayor yet he’s seen as a good one in a lot of people eyes. A few in this thread no doubt.

Boris is the right choice, in my opinion. He is not afraid of letting himself be seen as a bit of a buffoon and takes a profoundly optimistic view of the country; something that has been sorely lacking by the entirely negative view put forward by whining remainers.

It's not like the buffoon thing is a conscious choice on his part is it ? , I think something more than mindless optimism is required at this point still maybe you're right and his patented brand of bullshit and bluster will see us through to the broad sunlit uplands of Brexitopia , I wouldn't hold your breath though .

Aw, c'mon. A hard Ireland border and no trade deals with any other country isnt a big deal. Not like they take long to hammer out. And other countries totally arent gonna try to screw over England just because they are desperate.

No deal just seems more and more likely every day

Really? My money is on finding a way (a predetermined way) to stay in the EU

The scaremongering is real

Really? My money is on finding a way (a predetermined way) to stay in the EU

The scaremongering is real
Nah it'd be a democratic nightmare. We had a good chance to get a decent deal but now we're screwed especially with the EUs concerns over being a transatlantic bridge to the US being emphasised with BoJo being the PM. I say this as a remainer

This dude is anti immigration so there may be hope for the uk

Back