• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Breaking: Max Holloway vs. Anthony Pettis Added to UFC 206

Who Wins?

• Total voters
Pettis gassed a little bit in his first fight at 45. But still managed to submit the best jiu jitsu guy at that weight class. This will be a good one.

Grear card. I got holloway. Pettis is on a decline, he did look good at 145 though, we'll see.

superb match up. Going for Pettis but wouldn't be sad to see Holloway win.

Max can win this. And if he some how manages to lose then fuck the UFC for screwing his win streak off because Aldo has a sand vagina. This should be for the interim

I like Pettis but Holloway is gonna beat Pettis and make it look easy.

Loooool at making it look easy. Holloway hasn't beaten anyone on Pettis' striking level. Pettis stomped out Cerrone, who is a bigger and better version of Holloway.

This fight is too hard to call so i won't vote. It is a shame that these guys have to beat each other up when one of them should be fighting that overrated Irishman with the over inflated ego.

Max will out strike him and then finish the fight with a stand and bang 5 second flurry. Max by decision.

Stopped reading........how do u not mention Mike fucking Brown, the guy who was the #1 FW and in the top 10 P4P when Aldo crushed him?

Brown's wins over Faber who was the GOAT FW at the time (specially the 1st one) > any Max win. Even his Jeff Curran win is superior to most of Max's wins

and i love Max hes one of my top 5 favorite fighters and skillwise i think him, Mirsad and Jose are the best and i would favor Max if they fought now over anyone, but resume/wins wise he isnt even sniffing Aldo ATM

Very fair points.

If you want my own personal explanation - its because I contextualized the overall qualities of Mike Brown as a career. You are right, at the time, within the context of the WEC, it meant something.

There is no version of Matt Brown that can ever be competitive in a cage fight with any version of Frankie Edgar. The same goes for Faber, and in fact we got to see just how lopsided that fight looked.

Faber and Brown turned quickly into 'middle of the pack' when the talent pool expanded. To your point though, at the time, when WEC was where featherweights went to fight, it meant a lot.

You have to do some serious reaching for this. Holloway's two best wins are Lamas and Swanson and neither one of them even makes Aldo's top five: Edgar, Mendes, Faber, Brown, Florian. I'd put Zombie over Lamas and Swanson as well. Stephens and Oliveira aren't good enough to even get near Aldo. For consecutive wins I'd take both Swanson, Brown, Faber, Gamburyan, Hominick AND Florian, Mendes, Edgar, Zombie, Lamas individually over those five any day of the week, without even mentioning that's all one big ten fight win streak.

In fact, Aldo has more top five wins than Holloway has top ten wins. More top ten wins than Holloway has in his current win streak, and has a longer win STREAK than Holloway's had wins over his entire career. By the time Aldo was Holloway's age he'd already defended the title multiple times. Aldo usually fought twice a year after becoming champ, three to six times a year before that, and completely cleaned out the featherweight division and was on a rematch tour before McG showed up.

There are only three fighters in the history of the sport with a more impressive resume than that: Fedor, GSP, and Silva. Champions like Hughes, DJ, Cruz, BJ, Edgar and even Bones don't have shit on him, let alone Max fucking Holloway.

You couldn't possibly be more wrong on this.

You made a few good points, and I'm not going to spend the time unpacking it all - suffice to say Jon Bones Jones has the most impressive strength of schedule in the history of MMA.

It's lights out, hands down, face value better than anything else anyone else has even attempted.

Matt Brown and Faber are middling fighters once the talent pool expanded. Even still, Aldo beating Mendes and Edgar handily (in two of the four) is a really big deal, and arguably the most meaningful thing done at featherweight outside of Conor blasting Aldo.

Pettis is going to get outclassed.

No GSP, no PPV buy.

You made a few good points, and I'm not going to spend the time unpacking it all - suffice to say Jon Bones Jones has the most impressive strength of schedule in the history of MMA.

It's lights out, hands down, face value better than anything else anyone else has even attempted.

Matt Brown and Faber are middling fighters once the talent pool expanded. Even still, Aldo beating Mendes and Edgar handily (in two of the four) is a really big deal, and arguably the most meaningful thing done at featherweight outside of Conor blasting Aldo.

One champion with five defenses >>>>>> Five champions with zero defenses.

Anything Jones has done Aldo has done better. You're erroneously conflating star power with fighting ability. Jose isn't the one with has-beens (shogun, rampage) and gimme fights (chael, vitor) padding his record.

Last edited:
Voting on who was going to win this fight hurt.

god damn no question max holloway has the longest and toughest road to a title shot in mma history

Holloway by split decision . Fight of the nite mothafuckin fireworks. I bet pettis tries to get it to the ground to no avail after some wild ass exchanges and lands some big kicks as Holloway picks him apart on the feet. This is the fight I've been waiting for.

Max can win this. And if he some how manages to lose then fuck the UFC for screwing his win streak off because Aldo has a sand vagina. This should be for the interim

Yeah, Aldo needs to defend the title right?

They should give the winner of this fight the interim interim belt.
(sorry if said before...did not read the thread)

Back