• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

**BREAKING** Machida says he would fight Anderson (VIDEO)

He would accept a fight with WEIDMAN aka the MW Champion for months to come.

Here's his prediction on their 1st fight. It comes at the end of the video at the 8:30 mark. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVBJQManAZI

He says Anderson has more chances to win, but refuses to give a prediction.

Thanks for this. However, i remember reading an another article (forgot the link) where Machida said that Anderson would beat Weidman in convincing fashion. I think it might have been a Brazilian site as well. Just can not remember right now. My apologies.

Yep finally. Machida knows that the window of making serious money and setting up his family for life is closing. You don't compromise that.

Anderson already has Anderson money so it won't surprise me if he vacates (if he beats CW) and moves up/retires.

Where you at, Redhawks?

I told you he would :p

I would bet EVERYTHING I OWN and then some that those two WILL never and i repeat NEVER step into the octagon with each other unless they are cornering the same person.

I'll wait for video. This will definitely need confirmation. Not doubting you. You just need to make sure he understood the question correctly.

Excellent post.

I don't think he understood the question. No chance he fights Anderson. Remember English is his 2nd language and Brits talk funny.

I don't think Machida was saying he would fight Silva.
He isn't the most proficient at speaking/comprehending English.

I would love to see that fight tho.

Not putting much weight on this. He's being asked thru a translator. The translator may have given him less information than the interviewer and that may have changed his response.

I never heard him say specifically that he would fight Anderson. Gareth asked him if he would fight for the title and he said yes. I have a weird feeling about Anderson`s next fight. I think they either don

Thank christ for that.
All the fighters who ever said they wouldn't fight a team mate must be feeling a little bit silly now.

Said it on the postfight show on FS2:

When asked by Gareth A. Davies if he would accept a fight with the winner of Anderson/Weidman, Machida said:

About fucking time...

Very good news and Machida's English improved a lot!

Thanks for sharing.

UFC offered him Anderson Silva money, no way he would fight Andy with normal pay day.. something definately changed :icon_lol:

Back