BREAKING: Conor McGregor vs. Floyd Mayweather Official For August 26th (Poll)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
mcgregor-reading.jpg

Stupid waste of time other than to get that cash grab... Strip Conor of the title & I'm more okay with it. LW feels non-existant right now. I care about MMA more than boxing...even if an MMA fighter is involved. Now i'm gonna repost my tweet about the fight cause that's all I got to say/need to say about the fight.

Floyd UD

Stupid waste of time other than to get that cash grab... Strip Conor of the title & I'm more okay with it. LW feels non-existant right now. I care about MMA more than boxing...even if an MMA fighter is involved. Now i'm gonna repost my tweet about the fight cause that's all I got to say/need to say about the fight.

Floyd UD

As long as Conor fights at the MSG card (or ASAP after) it will still be only a year.
Also, yes it is a cash grab .... Prize Fighting is famous for that.
The only reason MMA/UFC was not like this earlier was bc there was very little cash to grab :)

Heck look at Bellator fights with Kimbo/Dada & the old man fights.
This is what Prize Fighting is my man

And here we go!

The build up for this is gonna be absolutely insane!

Cannot wait to see the pre fight talk!

fact is, everyone will tune in to see it !

Bottom line is it's about entertainment, doesn't matter if it's a genuine sports competition at all

We pay to get entertained, we watch movies, we go to concerted to get entertained

I am happy to pay for this fight purely for the entertainment value. It will be a fun time with some mates watching it, drinking, eating, might even hire some nude waitresses

Mayweather will give Conor's fans a painful reminder of what boxing really is.

As long as Conor fights at the MSG card (or ASAP after) it will still be only a year.
Also, yes it is a cash grab .... Prize Fighting is famous for that.
The only reason MMA/UFC was not like this earlier was bc there was very little cash to grab :)

Heck look at Bellator fights with Kimbo/Dada & the old man fights.
This is what Prize Fighting is my man
Still. He hasn't been injured & has waited that long. I doubt he'll even fight again after this. He's just holding up the division now.

& I never said Dada/Kimbo wasn't pathetic either... :p

Still. He hasn't been injured & has waited that long. I doubt he'll even fight again after this. He's just holding up the division now.

& I never said Dada/Kimbo wasn't pathetic either... :p

I'll give Conor a pass since he fought a lot prior to this.& ......... my point about Kimbo is all MMA will go to money fights when they can. I don't see getting bothered by something that is the norm

It baffles me that nearly 1/3 of users here think an MMA level boxer can beat any professional boxer, but particularly this professional boxer, in a boxing match.

1) MODs, can we please move all Floyd/Conor threads except this one, and any sequels, to their own forum. I come on here to read about MMA not see 10 pages of threads with 'Conor' in the title discussing boxing. Please stick to the boxing forum?!

2) As a big fan of CM, this is bittersweet. On the one hand, good on the man for getting the fight - who would've thought when he TKO'd Marcus Brimage he'd end up fighting the best boxer of all time for multi-millions. Also, we'll never see him in MMA again, win or lose: - who in their right mind would go from the biggest fight of all time and 50million quid or whatever, to 2million to fight Tony Ferguson in front of 15k fans? Nobody. Especially not a man who has repeated time and again he is all about getting in, getting rich and getting out.

Conor, you're a star mate and I loved your MMA career and good luck for the future, but here's where it ends in MMA terms

No one in the boxing forum wants the heavies to migrate there.

Could probably be it's own thread, but Virgil Hunter has a great take on this fight, from the perspective of a boxing insider who also knows a little something about MMA:

300 people voted for Conor?

Y'all are fucking retarded

Back