Breakdown of fight preparation question

FireKidWS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Anyone if you mma nerds have any source talking about the fight preparation of watching tape vs time practicing?

Conor obviously watched lots of Aldo tapes to be 100% prepared for his first big move.

I’m curious if any fighter has given insight into the usual ratio of watching tape of opponent vs live training.

both would be okay im assuming with tape youd be able to find the persons habits and maybe counter them.

I'm not taking the time to find the clip, but Duane Ludwig has talked about how at the start of the camp you are doing general cardio then watching tape and making a gameplan. Then the rest of the camp is spent practicing those observations and focusing the training based off the strategy they come up with.

The last week or so is more focused on fine tuning, a healthy weight cut and cardio

I'm not taking the time to find the clip, but Duane Ludwig has talked about how at the start of the camp you are doing general cardio then watching tape and making a gameplan. Then the rest of the camp is spent practicing those observations and focusing the training based off the strategy they come up with.

The last week or so is more focused on fine tuning, a healthy weight cut and cardio

Good info. I’m sure I can find that clip.

Bang is honestly one of the best fight planners (at least when he helps TJ) so I would be interested to hear his opinion.

Good info. I’m sure I can find that clip.

Bang is honestly one of the best fight planners (at least when he helps TJ) so I would be interested to hear his opinion.
If your into that type of thing you should look for the clips from Ariel helwani's show where he interviews coaches. It's great insight especially when it's leading up to the fight. The post fight is more about what happened and future match ups

Bang’s the best

He first watches the tapes stoned to the gills (Id join him there), then he watches sober, then I think he watches again on Alpha Brain (god I hate Joe).

He then has broken his opponent down to the matrix level.

Bang’s the best

He first watches the tapes stoned to the gills (Id join him there), then he watches sober, then I think he watches again on Alpha Brain (god I hate Joe).

He then has broken his opponent down to the matrix level.

Stoned, sober then alpha brain?

I feel like that actually sounds like a good idea but dunno if you are trolling

Stoned, sober then alpha brain?

I feel like that actually sounds like a good idea but dunno if you are trolling

No troll bro, he discusses on JRE I as a guest there. As much as I cant stand Joe talk anymore I do however like some of the guests he has.

Trolling for the casuals bro Im old school

No troll bro, he discusses on JRE I as a guest there. As much as I cant stand Joe talk anymore I do however like some of the guests he has.

Trolling for the casuals bro Im old school

I respect that.

I think the ratio you are looking for is 30% for the coach and 10% for the fighter

Anyone if you mma nerds have any source talking about the fight preparation of watching tape vs time practicing?

Conor obviously watched lots of Aldo tapes to be 100% prepared for his first big move.

I’m curious if any fighter has given insight into the usual ratio of watching tape of opponent vs live training.
How much of Conor's jizz do you typically swallow in one week?

Back