brazilian jiu jitsu belt rack???

ogkinetic

White Belt
Reaction score
I know karate and other martial arts have their own belt racks, usually made up of around 6 or 10 belts. Well since bjj has 5 belts, i searched for a pure jiu jitsu belt rack and couldn't find one anywhere. Do you guys no of any company that should have one, i think they will be pretty sick, not sure why their not so main stream.

Like this?

wall-10-belt-rack.jpg

What's the point?

is this an ego thing for you ?

i dont think anyone specifically makes one, but you could easily cut/modify any existing belt rack to fit 5 belts.

c'mon guys dont rag on him, i think of all the martial arts that jiu jitsu really makes you earn your rank (if you have a legitimate instructor). all my previous belts are beat to shit torn and worn down like crazy, im going to make a rack when i get my black and keep it in my room just as a reminder of all the blood sweat and pain it took to achieve. it should be looked at no different from a college diploma or degree.

i see where you are coming from, but if i earned a bjj black belt it would be the only belt i'd want to look at.

i got a brown belt in karate when i was younger and i liked my current belt but the others just got stuck in a drawer and forgotten

I just think it would be awesome if I could put every belt awarded to me by my instructor up on a rack and use another one to train, to show my improvement and as self accomplishment. Getting promoted from one belt to another is a great honor for me.

Any ways, are u guys all saying no one needs one? I mean why would people by karate ones but bjj students wouldn't? I just don't get it.

don't u guys think some jiu jitsu companies should come out with some for bjj? wouldn't some of u buy one? or maybe instructors to put them up on their wall for display?

i think the only people who really purchase belt racks for legitimate reasons are instructors who just want to put their belt progression up on the wall for their students to refer to (if they line up in rank order or something). I mean it's fairly simple with bjj, but with some karate systems that have more colors than a crayola pack, it can get difficult to keep track of which belt outranks another.

With the new BJJ belt system that a lot of schools are doing now, it wouldn't be too far fetched.

Difference for me is that in BJJ, by the time I earned a new belt, the old belt is so ratty, and nasty, that it has no business hanging on a wall. Other martial arts, nit so much.

What do you mean?

That some schools are using more than 5 belts now, and it's not just for kids.

dapoakinpelu0408.jpg

white, yellow, orange, green, blue, purple, brown, black, (red)

I'll stick with the 5-belt system though.

Last edited:
Tone C, I've seen those but those are for karate and such not for Bjj, I was looking for one strictly made for Bjj? I'm surprised there is none..

That some schools are using more than 5 belts now, and it's just not for kids.

http://www.teamtooke.com/images/dapoakinpelu0408.jpg

white, yellow, orange, green, blue, purple, brown, black, (red)

I'll stick with the 5-belt system though.

Not too far off the standard Judo/Karate belt system. Besides tradition there's no reason why one system is better than the other.

Do they still use the stripe grading?

yeah I dont get it. I mean if you want to commemorate your belts, thats fine I guess, just going to look odd until you get your black lol. I actually made a show box for my white belt and my medal that I won for the tournament right before I got promoted.

Looks like a nice way to display your journey throught whatever discipline you have have chosen to pursue.

I am interested in finding a 5 belt rack myself to put up in our academy. Any links to where I can purchase one?

Back