Social Brains of 3 People Have Been Successfully Connected, Enabling Them to Share Thoughts

Every woman's reaction after peering into any real mans head;

giphy.gif

It's quite remarkable how "what someone else does with their body" becomes a burden on someone else. Like government mandated contraception coverage or forcing bakers to make gay wedding cakes.

Lol “forcing” bakers. Did he make the cake? You guys are so damned dramatic

I realize the net can be a dark and shitty place but in this case man you are taking someone the wrong way. You should have just clarified each point more I would have enjoyed talking with you.

Fair enough. But you're not really helping me understand where our communication is going awry and apparently I've guessed wrong.

Let's try it a different way again. If you share your thoughts in writing you choose what to share. Same with speaking. If you're doing it through some mind-melding shit then how do you control which exact thoughts are being shared?

That brings us to Freud. He breaks thinking down into the id, eg, and superego. So I said, imagine if someone had access to your id. Then I said, even if the id is truly subconscious, there's still the ego's reconciliation of the id and superego. So someone having access to your ego would still provide insight into the id. All this adds up to me saying that if sharing thoughts amounts to mind-reading then that would be scary.

If you're still not following then please be specific on where I'm losing you. :)

With all the cloning, gene editing, brain connecting, micro chipping, blocking out the sun, trying to combine mankind with AI...the Lord returning is the only way to prevent us from corrupting and totally destroying the world and everything in it.

These are all the same things that provoked the original flood and wiping out of mankind.

He killed all the innocent animals too

God's a cunt....

No in fact I have no idea what you are talking about.

There's no such thing as an Id, so it's not something anyone needs to worry about anyway.

People are mistaking rudimentary neural connectivity for consciousness-sharing or some mystical shit.

This is the saddest post ive ever read. Someone invents what is the obvious end game for communication devices and makes science fiction a reality and your response is "Why doesn't the government protect me from things i don't understand?"
Grow some balls man.
Isn't it about time we start regulating this type of stuff? Whoever ever even asked to connect networks of people's brains.

Fair enough. But you're not really helping me understand where our communication is going awry and apparently I've guessed wrong.

Let's try it a different way again. If you share your thoughts in writing you choose what to share. Same with speaking. If you're doing it through some mind-melding shit then how do you control which exact thoughts are being shared?

That brings us to Freud. He breaks thinking down into the id, eg, and superego. So I said, imagine if someone had access to your id. Then I said, even if the id is truly subconscious, there's still the ego's reconciliation of the id and superego. So someone having access to your ego would still provide insight into the id. All this adds up to me saying that if sharing thoughts amounts to mind-reading then that would be scary.

If you're still not following then please be specific on where I'm losing you. :)

Well that all makes good sense now that you have actually said it. We are both speaking way past the actual capacities of this tech though.

You imagine an outcome that is terrible and I imagined an outcome that had great healing potencial. Neither of these is nessessary and neither one may be ever be possible.

Sharing consciousness with others seems to me to have incredible healing opportunities.

This is the saddest post ive ever read. Someone invents what is the obvious end game for communication devices and makes science fiction a reality and your response is "Why doesn't the government protect me from things i don't understand?"
Grow some balls man.

Sorry man but some of us value the privacy of our own thoughts more than your sci-fi fantasies of instant communication.

We are both speaking way past the actual capacities of this tech though.

Of course.

You imagine an outcome that is terrible and I imagined an outcome that had great healing potencial. Neither of these is nessessary and neither one may be ever be possible.

Or like most things, there will be both good and bad. Whether it ever happens I couldn't predict. Sounds like fantasy, but for most of our history the idea of going to the moon was preposterous.

Why do you assume you wont have privacy? First thing, as other posts have stated, this thread is misleading and no "thought sharing tech actually exists yet.

With that being said though, im seeing it mpre as a replacement of computers to an degree or maybe cellphones. Transfering information in the form of thoughts. Instant knowledge sharing, not mind reading.
Even computers have strict rules that guide input and output. Any thought sharing device would fall under the same rules to be useful.
Sorry man but some of us value the privacy of our own thoughts more than your sci-fi fantasies of instant communication.

Why do you assume you wont have privacy? First thing, as other posts have stated, this thread is misleading and no "thought sharing tech actually exists yet.

With that being said though, im seeing it mpre as a replacement of computers to an degree or maybe cellphones. Transfering information in the form of thoughts. Instant knowledge sharing, not mind reading.
Even computers have strict rules that guide input and output. Any thought sharing device would fall under the same rules to be useful.

That is my take also. Why jump to the conclusion that you MUST be plugged in all the time? or even when you chose to that it will automatically be with everyone on the planet who is plugged in?

Anyone will have different thinking about your thoughts. It might help your nightmares. Do it. Even if you have to Begin with mice brainmates.
I'd totally mind link with animals, maybe one dog and one cat and then we can solve the problem between cats and dogs, plus I might be able to make them my army of the night.

I'd totally mind link with animals, maybe one dog and one cat and then we can solve the problem between cats and dogs, plus I might be able to make them my army of the night.

Animals would be freaking incredible man! To share consciousness with various animals would be life changing IMO. That may be one of the most profound uses of it I can think of.

Animals would be freaking incredible man! To share consciousness with various animals would be life changing IMO. That may be one of the most profound uses of it I can think of.
Possibilities are endless, we could mind meld with spiders and get rid of mosquitos in human areas, learn which cows are suicidal so that vegans could have burgers, which sheep do like to get boned for @Ripskater , and so on

Good luck sharing my thoughts.....

ImportantDizzyEastsiberianlaika-small.gif

If you're talking to me, I tried to make it clear I was imagining things down the road.

Wait wait wait wait wait

We can finally do

Brainal

Who knows where this leads?

Neuroscientists have successfully hooked up a three-way brain connection to allow three people to share their thoughts – and in this case, play a Tetris-style game.

The team thinks this wild experiment could be scaled up to connect whole networks of people,
and yes, it's as weird as it sounds....

BrainNet: A Multi-Person Brain-to-Brain Interface for
Direct Collaboration Between Brains

arXiv:1809.08632v1 [cs.HC] 23 Sep 2018

I swear I saw that on South Park

hqdefault.jpg

Back