• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Brain Damage in Wmma

just a normal day for me and ive never been punched in the head

if all the scans are clear, shes been tested, nothings wrong, i dont think you can put 2 and 2 together no...

Brain scans proved inefectual in explaining why NFL fottball players were losing their minds after retirement.

Even physically observing their brains after death didn't always do much to explain what was going on... until a Dr came up with the idea of slicing the brains of deceased players open to look at the cross section, or into thin slices that could be observed under a microscope.

d.png

Last edited:
its still an assumption with no evidence

Well... but that's not true.

Patient reported symptoms are evidence. Doctors often make diagnoses and prescribe treatments based on nothing but.

Who ever told you that didn't count as evidence?

Has Cat had brain damage/issues...?
That whole first round, I just got my head caved in," Zingano said. "I was dizzy; I couldn't be in light for a month. I put on like 30 pounds because my pituitary gland got knocked around and my hormones were all screwed up. I had never been hit like that in a fight.

"The head injury gave me hormonal issues, which messes with your energy, messes with your weight. I got up to 175 pounds," she said. "I've never weighed that in my life. Like, when I was pregnant with a baby, nine months pregnant, I was not that heavy. You know and my whole life I've been lean and kind of jacked.

"I could eat lettuce and water, and I was still not losing weight. I was feeling tired and I was feeling depressed and I couldn't sleep. I couldn’t think right; everything was off. And I went to all these doctors in Colorado, and they're looking at my blood panels and telling me 'Your hormones are all screwed up. But the stuff that you have to take to fix it are banned substances.' And that would mean that I'd need to take them and get off of them for my fights, which would bring me back to feeling like crap, and you don't want to fight feeling like crap

That whole first round, I just got my head caved in," Zingano said. "I was dizzy; I couldn't be in light for a month. I put on like 30 pounds because my pituitary gland got knocked around and my hormones were all screwed up. I had never been hit like that in a fight.

"The head injury gave me hormonal issues, which messes with your energy, messes with your weight. I got up to 175 pounds," she said. "I've never weighed that in my life. Like, when I was pregnant with a baby, nine months pregnant, I was not that heavy. You know and my whole life I've been lean and kind of jacked.

"I could eat lettuce and water, and I was still not losing weight. I was feeling tired and I was feeling depressed and I couldn't sleep. I couldn’t think right; everything was off. And I went to all these doctors in Colorado, and they're looking at my blood panels and telling me 'Your hormones are all screwed up. But the stuff that you have to take to fix it are banned substances.' And that would mean that I'd need to take them and get off of them for my fights, which would bring me back to feeling like crap, and you don't want to fight feeling like crap
Shit. Don't remember hearing about that.

And here we thought they were scarred for life if their significant other or father grabbed their wrist for being terrible people.. Turns out they take beatings pretty much like guys. Who knew!?!?

But seriously, women aren't that soft. Don't beat women.. Or men.

its still an assumption with no evidence
why, shes had a full mri and brain scans and they arent showing any reason for the issues

op is putting 2 and 2 together without any evidence of his conclusion
There is no way to definitively say that her symptoms are attributed to head trauma, but they do fit the symptomatology. If we had more information, we could say with greater likehood that it was the head trauma. As a boxer and MMA fighter she's taken her fair share of hits and if memory loss, confusion and the like appeared in that timeframe it's reasonable to assume it had something to do with it. Especially if she's had clear cut concussions. If putting bread in the fridge, being confused, not being able to retain memories, describing your headspace as "awful" and feeling like a 80 year old cognition wise is a normal day for you then you're heading towards some tough days.

More importantly, MRI and CT scans only show acute trauma like internal hemorrhage, they don't show anything in regards to post concussive symptoms. You can even clear a basic neurological screening, which is just a superficial screening for serious brain damage.

Brain scans proved inefectual in explaining why NFL fottball players were losing their minds after retitement.

Even physically observing their brains after death didn't always do much to explain what was going on... until a Dr came up with the idea of slicing the brains of deceased players open to look at the cross section, or into thin slices that could be observed under a microscope.

d.png
Exactly. CTE is only visible post mortem.

I believe SPECT scans can show more in regards to brain function, but they are still controversal, expensive and not usual practice.

Obviously everyone can get brain damage. They don't hit as hard but if you get hit often enough that doesn't matter also they don't take punches as well they have weaker necks.

Whether headgear helps is up for debate it might not help at all especially if you get hit more often as a result of wearing it

Hit more often with headgear on because of size and visibility issues, plus added mass to your head for that bonus whiplash damage.

There is no way to definitively say that her symptoms are attributed to head trauma, but they do fit the symptomatology. If we had more information, we could say with greater likehood that it was the head trauma. As a boxer and MMA fighter she's taken her fair share of hits and if memory loss, confusion and the like appeared in that timeframe it's reasonable to assume it had something to do with it. Especially if she's had clear cut concussions. If putting bread in the fridge, being confused, not being able to retain memories, describing your headspace as "awful" and feeling like a 80 year old cognition wise is a normal day for you then you're heading towards some tough days.

More importantly, MRI and CT scans only show acute trauma like internal hemorrhage, they don't show anything in regards to post concussive symptoms. You can even clear a basic neurological screening, which is just a superficial screening for serious brain damage.

Maybe Dimspace is 80 years old though...

<TheWire1>

Its basically the same as brain damage in male fighters, the primary difference is that they don't have dongs.

I don't think women hit hard enough to cause that sort of damage....
A lot of the damage probably happens in training and they spar guys there, sure they hold back but it still adds up...

Really, if you care about other people and love fights in a ring or a cage like me, there has to be some cognitive dissonance there. Football too of course. I wouldn't encourage my kids to fight or play football at this point.

I don't think women hit hard enough to cause that sort of damage....

Remember about what she said about getting hit in training? A lot of women spar with men. Veronica Rothenhausler, if I recall correctly, took most of her concussions during sparring with men in training. Veronica was 5'11" tall, so she might have been sparring with some rather big dudes.

Remember about what she said about getting hit in training? A lot of women spar with men. Veronica Rothenhausler, if I recall correctly, took most of her concussions during sparring with men in training. Veronica was 5'11" tall, so she might have been sparring with some rather big dudes.
There's this one girl who I've seen video of sparring with Matt Mitrione, and Matt was throwing some decent looking shots... :D

Hit more often with headgear on because of size and visibility issues, plus added mass to your head for that bonus whiplash damage.

Maybe Dimspace is 80 years old though...

<TheWire1>
10661113_1737727916460830_1625172211_n.jpg

If u want to be a fighter u accept there's risks the big one being when ur done your brain will of taken damage to one degree or another. Same with football. If that's not so ething u want to risk don't play football or fight.

Maybe these women should find better camps where the men have some self control to not just smash on them.

Whenever I sparred the amateur chicks from the gym, I wasn't going as hard as when sparring with dudes who were just hobbyists. I guess I'm unique in the sense in that I'm not an asshole in that regard but other people aren't, obviously.

Even a guy and girl of the same weight and skill shouldn't be throwing at the same amount of power. Same thing applies to men of equal skill with a big gap in weight.

Contrary to what empowered females say these days, men and women are not completely equal.

<TheWire1>

my brain gets damaged from watching it, especially bethe

Back