Brabo, D'arce chokes

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Couture=Legend

I've seen in the fight finder some wins/losses via Brabo Choke and I'm wondering what the hell it is!

Also I already know what a D'arce choke is but I'm wondering what the ' in the word D'arce is short for. Like how in the word can't the ' is placed there instead of o

Or in the word I've the ' is placed there instead ha

So I'm asking - what is a Brabo choke and what D'arce is an abbreviation for

Responses are appreciated:icon_chee

D'Arce is a guy's name.

The difference between the D'Arce and brabo have been discussed to great extent on this forum, and the general consensus seems to be a split on there being no difference, or difference being a grip variation.

^what he said. ive always understood them to be the same and ive personally always called it a brabo choke

same choke, some say it was developed by joe d'arce

I've seen in the fight finder some wins/losses via Brabo Choke and I'm wondering what the hell it is!

Also I already know what a D'arce choke is but I'm wondering what the ' in the word D'arce is short for. Like how in the word can't the ' is placed there instead of o

Or in the word I've the ' is placed there instead ha

So I'm asking - what is a Brabo choke and what D'arce is an abbreviation for

Responses are appreciated:icon_chee

actually the ' in can't is placed there instead of no
canot isn't ( ' = is o) a work, where as cannot is.
thank me later for the grammar lesson

did you mean to write "canot isn't a worD"?

ironyyyyy

It's really just a variation of the arm triangle.

You tend to get it more from halfguard or sidecontrol (when the person turns into you).

309556479_c0f19ff810.jpg

It's short for dumb arce...lol.

Just kidding....check out aesopian.com for a detailed breakdown of the d'arce/brabo chokes and where all the different names for them come from.

It's really just a variation of the arm triangle.

You tend to get it more from halfguard or sidecontrol (when the person turns into you).

309556479_c0f19ff810.jpg

exactly.

that pic is a D'Arce and the Brabo is with a gi.

Everyone I roll with calls all arm-head gi and no gi arm triangle variations the brabo.

In the past, I've seen people argue that the D'Arce involves an s-grip prior to stuffing the head into chest and locking the choking grip and reaching towards the shoulder.

I rarely use the s-grip, and am not a big fan of the palm up grip on the neck and head when trapping the overhooked arm and securing the head.

I almost exclusively use the palm up overhook on the neck, with my free arm's elbow driving the opponents head into my chest, where I can quickly transition to a finishing grip. Obviously basing the free hand on the mat is nice and provides stability, but unless you stuff the head everyone is going to attempt to pull back the head and get their back to the mat to begin escape attempts.

It's actually a 'no-gi' brabo...same as a d'arce. The use of the term 'brabo' comes from the fact that the movement is very similar the brabo choke used with the gi.

actually the ' in can't is placed there instead of no
canot isn't ( ' = is o) a work, where as cannot is.
thank me later for the grammar lesson

I was saying

can't = cannot

the ' replaces o

making it can't

I was assuming the ' in D'arce was there in lace of some other letters. Maybe it's two words combined or something

It's kinda hard to spell out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back