Boy Meets World vs. The Wonder Years

It amazes me how much people on Sherdog remember about the TV they watched, video games they played.

I loved TMNT and Ghostbusters, but I cannot remember what happened in any of them.

I can't believe this is even a contest. Wonder Years by a landslide.

Yeah, he played a professor trying to nail Topanga.

haha nice, never knew Kevin Arnold was on BMW. Just watched the whole episode, it was pretty good.

But still, Wonder Years is way way WAY better.

This episode always stands out for me, it's the one where he's delivering chinese food all night. Funny stuff :) And it very well captures what it's like to be 16.

[YT]IGKEB_SrqdM[/YT]

The Wonder Years X a gazillion.

Not near as goofy and it wasn't targeted to tweens.

The Wonder Years by a country mile.

And it is shameful that hottest chick in both shows doesn't have any pics in this thread.

Olivia-d-Abo-nicole-wallace-15288132-600-422.jpg

Loved both but there is something magical about Wonder Years. Easily one of the best TV shows ever. Could always see my Dad nostalgia hard while watching it with me. I lost my Father the same way and and his reflecting back and feelings he expressed in the end mirror my own so the show will always hold a special place in my heart.

I never saw Boy Meets World but looking at the intro video it looks like it was more like a generic comedy type of sitcom production.... Wonder Years was done more artistically, the narration was amazing, the entire series I believe by looking at the intros was better produced

Pleaaaaase. TWY is an all-time great show.

I really enjoyed boy meets world. Was weird how Mr. Feeny followed those kids to every school they went to and also lived next door.

Never seen or heard of Boy Meets World. Wonderyears was a great show that was still enjoyable to get back to as a grown up. Is that the case for people who enjoyed Boy Meets World too? Most things don't hold up.

Maitland Ward from BMW is now an adult film actress.

Bxci38cCEAAbc3T.jpg-large.jpg
Maitland-Ward-a-name-of-something-bold-1.jpg
eE1OMjJzUFVHUVp0ZktjdTJhZGcuanBn.jpg

Had to look up boy meets world. Wasn’t familiar with it.
Winnie Cooper, ie Daniella. A few years older than me, and still very much a Fox.
Wonder Years was good stuff.

images

I watched both growing up, and I personally love BMW. Mainly cause it was part of the TGIF lineup and Friday nights in my house growing up was everything!

Plus, Wonder Years I couldn't really relate to. It was an 80s show about the 60s I think. As a little kid, what the hell do I know about the 60s. But a 90s show about kids growing up in the 90s, now that's something I can relate to.

BMW also delved into some pretty serious topics. Family death, cheating on your girl, losing babies, the struggle of being married young, inappropriate teacher/student relationships (which had both Savage brothers in it) , and interracial relationships. Show was dope.

Also, Topanga was fine af. Other than DJ from full house, she was the first thicker white girl I'd ever seen on tv. She wasn't pencil thin and she was still extremely hot. I had her pics in my locker in elementary school.

Wonder Years.

Fred Savage writes for Always Sunny too.

Back