Boxing medical suspensions

aorozco90

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I was just curious what the medical suspensions look like for boxers. Since for mma fights they can be as high as 180 days in some instances, or maybe more I don't know. If anyone could give me some benchmarks that'd be great. It just seemed to me that individual boxers fight more often, but I barely watch boxing so what do I know. Also, on average how many times does a boxer fight a year?

I was just curious what the medical suspensions look like for boxers. Since for mma fights they can be as high as 180 days in some instances, or maybe more I don't know. If anyone could give me some benchmarks that'd be great. It just seemed to me that individual boxers fight more often, but I barely watch boxing so what do I know. Also, on average how many times does a boxer fight a year?

Most top guys fight 3 times a year. Megastars like May and Pac choose whatever the hell they want. 1 or 2 times. Contenders could fight 4-5 times, while a prospect could fught as many as 6-8 times.

Those are just rough estimates. Not everyone is the same, injuries play a factor among other things.

Pac was just suspended for 120 days.

http://www.doghouseboxing.com/Benz/Benz_1219e12.htm

Is Chavez Junior still barred or was that reversed?

Back